The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random pictures that you did not take. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=837331)

special-K 06-08-2023 06:08 AM

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9210597)
Unnecessary... All you have to do is consume many alcoholic beverages and she'll look just fine. Trust me. It works. Especially around 2:00 a.m.

It doesn't work so well in the morning though. :eek: :banghead:

Eh, well I dunno. Not me, I can't seem to get that drunk. There must be a lot of ugly women needing bags over their head because some grocery stores now charge for the bags. Everybody wants a piece of the action!

D.B 06-08-2023 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9210597)
Unnecessary... All you have to do is consume many alcoholic beverages and she'll look just fine. Trust me. It works. Especially around 2:00 a.m.

It doesn't work so well in the morning though. :eek: :banghead:

The key word here is "MANY".

FleetsidePaul 06-08-2023 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B (Post 9210621)
The key word here is "MANY".

Not necessarily.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/one_beer.jpg

D.B 06-08-2023 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9210741)

Honest Officer, I only had one. :lol::lol::lol:

FleetsidePaul 06-09-2023 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.B (Post 9210749)
Honest Officer, I only had one. :lol::lol::lol:

You wouldn't be lying. :lol:

special-K 06-09-2023 07:35 AM

You could have said "enough" instead on "many" to cover bucketloads.

FleetsidePaul 06-09-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9210857)
You could have said "enough" instead on "many" to cover bucketloads.

With a face like that. Is there enough? :lol:

That reminds me. I see some really ugly chicks around here with babies and the first thing that pops into my demented mind is " That guy must have been really drunk'. :lol:

D.B 06-09-2023 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I see some really ugly chicks around here with babies and the first thing that pops into my demented mind is " That guy must have been really drunk'. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Heaven help us, If the dad looks like this the poor kid has no chance.

Attachment 2273615

special-K 06-10-2023 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9210927)
With a face like that. Is there enough? :lol:

That reminds me. I see some really ugly chicks around here with babies and the first thing that pops into my demented mind is " That guy must have been really drunk'. :lol:

I'd be thinking, "We really are far away from things out here. Mighty slim pickin's" :lol:

FleetsidePaul 06-10-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9211113)
I'd be thinking, "We really are far away from things out here. Mighty slim pickin's" :lol:

Yup. Slim pickin's is right. I was eating lunch in my favorite little Mexican restaurant and this gorgeous blonde walked in for take out. My first thought was "Where the heck did you come from'?

Actually that wasn't my first thought. ;)

special-K 06-25-2023 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

3757chevy 06-25-2023 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife took this picture. You can't see me in the drivers seat. [which was a good thing]

72c20customcamper 06-26-2023 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My cousin and my older sister circa 1958 on my uncles Triumph

72c20customcamper 06-26-2023 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I’ve been looking for this car for years . Not the actual car (would be nice ) but one like it . That’s my mom the house is the one I grew up in until age 13 the left picture. My dad built it in 1960 .The second is in front of my uncles shop

Boog 06-26-2023 11:46 AM

That looks to be a 54 Mark with the continental kit and all the trim. And 1st year for the y block v8 I believe. CrestLine rings a bell.

72c20customcamper 06-26-2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9215183)
That looks to be a 54 Mark with the continental kit and all the trim. And 1st year for the y block v8 I believe. CrestLine rings a bell.

Close it’s a 53 my dad kept the registration for just about every car he ever owned . The last one I missed was at Hershey Pa a red Crestline sun liner went for 44k .

special-K 06-28-2023 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9215197)
Close it’s a 53 my dad kept the registration for just about every car he ever owned . The last one I missed was at Hershey Pa a red Crestline sun liner went for 44k .

I have titles saved. The first couple vehicles I sold I couldn't find the title and filed for a duplicate. Then I found the titles each time. I got in the habit of filing for duplicate once I decided to sell. I don't know what good they are, just a thing I decided to do

72c20customcamper 06-28-2023 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9215673)
I have titles saved. The first couple vehicles I sold I couldn't find the title and filed for a duplicate. Then I found the titles each time. I got in the habit of filing for duplicate once I decided to sell. I don't know what good they are, just a thing I decided to do

Just sentimental value. Once a replacement title is issued the prior one is void. Dad never kept titles on the 73 and newer cars but he kept the registrations

special-K 06-28-2023 07:24 PM

Yep, just sentimental value. I flip through them from time to time to reminisce.

special-K 07-01-2023 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This picture of me was taken just a few years ago while we were on my 50th birthday ride through the Smokey Mt. region. It's not about me, it's about the cool truck!

special-K 07-02-2023 08:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry about that last picture. If your computer still works, check this one out.

Bridge built in the 1700s over the Youghiogheny River on the National Pike, America's first national hiway. For flood control a dam was built and the bridge is now submerged in the reservoir. US40 in the background, second picture

farmall 07-02-2023 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will take one.

mr48chev 07-03-2023 03:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
In 1973 I did a three month thrash to get my 48 ready to go to the 1973 NSRA street rod Nationals in Tulsa. This photo was by a guy who goes by Carnut and has posted photos from a lot of shows on the net.

My truck is the Gold 48 back behind the car he was taking the photos of in a real photobomb

The other photo is of a painting that a woman did of the killing of Owhi. Chief Owhi was my 5 times back great grandfather on my mom's side. He had led an uprising against the soldiers and settlers in what is now Central and Eastern Washington.

special-K 07-03-2023 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by farmall (Post 9216932)
I will take one.

I love it! Atomic Blue. is that an Evo/Pan or an Evo with a fake kidney timing cover? Sure looks like an Evo head to my old eyes. I know S&S can build an Evo/Pan because when I had my buddy with a bike shop order my 96" Evo they got communication screwed up and built me one by mistake. I almost accepted it but I paid all that money so I could just drop a new motor and get riding.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr48chev (Post 9216959)
In 1973 I did a three month thrash to get my 48 ready to go to the 1973 NSRA street rod Nationals in Tulsa. This photo was by a guy who goes by Carnut and has posted photos from a lot of shows on the net.

My truck is the Gold 48 back behind the car he was taking the photos of in a real photobomb

The other photo is of a painting that a woman did of the killing of Owhi. Chief Owhi was my 5 times back great grandfather on my mom's side. He had led an uprising against the soldiers and settlers in what is now Central and Eastern Washington.

Great first pictures. I was 18 in '73. A great era for street rodding. Love those chrome slots that were so popular. I always liked the aluminum slots better but they should reproduce those again like most other popular wheels from back then. They could be a cheaper alternative. not the concern for rust these days with the cool stuff being garage queens.

Second picture, a sad and dark chapter in US history.

And now for another old cycle photo. How about an XR750? I'll be watching some of these wonderful machines compete tomorrow at The Barbara Fritchey Classic flat track races in Frederick, MD tomorrow. Always held on the 4th, same as the original celebration before we started altering our national holidays. It's the oldest continuously run motorcycle race in America... many enthusiasts know nothing about. It's the only race run on the horse track at the Great Frederick Fair fairgrounds. not even horse racing anymore. There are sulky race horses kept in the stables and the track used for practice. The 4th for me is about US history and this is how I celebrate!

special-K 07-04-2023 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's summertime. I'm on a motorcycle kick

72c20customcamper 07-04-2023 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pretty ingenious if you ask me .

68bowtie 07-04-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmall (Post 9216932)
I will take one.

Nice bike, and excellent photo.

3757chevy 07-04-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9217299)
Pretty ingenious if you ask me .

That looks like alot of ring gear sets.

special-K 07-05-2023 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
People say, "Back in the day trucks were only used for work"... I say HOG WASH!!

special-K 07-10-2023 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No comments on that last fantastic picture? Check your pulse :lol: It's a great having fun in a truck picture!

1972 Harley Sportster XLA

Boog 07-11-2023 07:09 AM

She's sure stripped down. No need for flashy parts either. Wonder if military bikes had governors?

special-K 07-11-2023 07:41 AM

I couldn't tell you but I know they had congressmen :rolleyes:. No chrome on this one. It's an XLH not an XLCH, so not the high performance one. I wonder where they used these. It's more than needed for on a base I'd think, maybe not.

FleetsidePaul 07-11-2023 11:48 AM

My brother has a fully restored 1942 WLA. No chrome. Olive Drab green. It has the holster or rifle rack or whatever you want to call it on the front.

It hasn't been out of the garage for at least 30 years. It was an old dirt track bike when he got it and he put it all back to original then never touched it again. That's just how he is.

Here's an old picture of it in my garage when he got it. It's totally different now. The photo is from about 1985?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...old_garage.jpg

GOPAPA 07-11-2023 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9219109)
My brother has a fully restored 1942 WLA. No chrome. Olive Drab green. It has the holster or rifle rack or whatever you want to call it on the front.

It hasn't been out of the garage for at least 30 years. It was an old dirt track bike when he got it and he put it all back to original then never touched it again. That's just how he is.

Here's an old picture of it in my garage when he got it. It's totally different now. The photo is from about 1985?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...old_garage.jpg

I knew a AMERICAN Guy that was in a German out door Prison and he would agitate the guards as much as he dared ,they would make him push them on their motor cycles with the motors not running to make him pay for his misdeeds,,,,,,,,,this bike your brother has is probably about what the German bikes looked like back them as to the gear that was on them for Military purposes

special-K 07-12-2023 06:30 AM

My friend has a '40 WLD, so pre-war. The D stands for high-compression. They had aluminum heads. He has a hard time finding certain parts due to the military contract kicking in for '41 and those parts got changed. '41-newer WLA parts were made in excess, being military. Plenty of surplus parts for those.

special-K 07-15-2023 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

FleetsidePaul 07-15-2023 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9220108)

:lol: What an idiot.

Reminds me of when my wife saw this hip hop looking guy in those baggy pants hanging so low his shorts were hanging out. He was crossing the street and his pants fell to his ankles and he fell flat on his face right in the middle of the street. :lol:

The price of looking... cool? :confused:

mr.mud1 07-27-2023 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my life of crime has finally caught up with me.

Steeveedee 07-27-2023 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9223433)
my life of crime has finally caught up with me.

Too funny, but there is NO way I'd allow myself to be put into that position.

mr.mud1 07-27-2023 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9223448)
Too funny, but there is NO way I'd allow myself to be put into that position.

i got tired of running from the law.i had a good lawyer,i was sprung in no time.