The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Getter-Done 02-20-2022 08:47 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

That is one Fancy Gate.
I like the arch at the top the most:metal:

Stocker 02-20-2022 10:02 AM

Very impressive!!

LT7A 02-21-2022 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9037321)
Thanks guys. It’s actually going to be a double gate. 7.5’ on the wide side…

Attachment 2169239

Attachment 2169240

Wow! Nice work! I'd have to rebuild my house if I had a gate that nice.

yuccales 02-27-2022 06:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
BIL's gas door release cable broke on his CRV. $300+ to fix at Honda. I cut a piece of throttle cable off an old Kawasaki to get the swaged end. Took a brake cable bolt off an old bike. Put the two together. Works great. Not pretty but the kick panel hides it just fine. ;)

special-K 02-27-2022 08:23 PM

That would have worn out a lot sooner if it was in a Chevy truck! You gotter fixed! That's what counts

I met a very attractive gal at the gas pumps, driving an old Cavalier Wagon when she was having the same problem. I had my handy vice grips, so I was her knight in shining armor, without the armor of course.

67ChevyRedneck 02-27-2022 08:50 PM

He's gonna be happy having that gas door that doesn't open from the outside.

I own a mustang and an SUV that don't even have gas caps :banghead:

FleetsidePaul 02-27-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 9044171)
He's gonna be happy having that gas door that doesn't open from the outside.

I own a mustang and an SUV that don't even have gas caps :banghead:

My Jeep and newer Corvette don't have gas caps. It makes me wonder how much of a hassle it will be when smog time comes around. They always seem to need to be replaced to pass smog.

Today. I wrote up my resume. Believe it or not I actually applied for a job. :eek:

It's freelance work writing for a newspaper.

Now I'll just sit back and wait for the rejection letter. :smoke:

57taskforce 02-27-2022 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you get that gig I’m subscribing to that paper, that’s all I can say. The entertainment value will be priceless!
Polished up one of my turds yesterday.
Pretty happy with how the paint correction came out.

davischevy 02-27-2022 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9044231)
If you get that gig I’m subscribing to that paper, that’s all I can say. The entertainment value will be priceless!

That's purty.

TALLone71 02-27-2022 11:40 PM

I replaced my air hoses and quick connects in the garage, checked my crawl space under the house, cleaned my front shed, and cleaned, repacked my trailers wheel bearings...best part was taking the nova out for a cruise this afternoon with my youngest son:metal:

FleetsidePaul 02-28-2022 01:13 AM

Quote:

:lol: I've already added a subscriber.

Your Camaro looks great. I love that color and the doors shine like mirrors. Great job.

Just one question? Do you do Corvettes?

57taskforce 02-28-2022 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9044265)

Your Camaro looks great. I love that color and the doors shine like mirrors. Great job.

Just one question? Do you do Corvettes?

Thank you sir. The color is pretty rare. Aqua Blue Metallic, available from March of 2009-Nov 2009 only and all as 2010 models of course. 3800ish total built, less than 2000 of those were loaded 2SS/RS like mine. It’s my baby for sure.

Well the short answer is, I worked in a body shop called stingrays auto body several years ago… you can guess what we specialized in. That’s where I learned how to do paint work. I don’t do it as much anymore but I can still get er done when need be. So yes I will work on vettes!

67ChevyRedneck 02-28-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9044265)

X2.

You can add us as references :lol:

Grumpy old man 02-28-2022 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=FleetsidePaul

Today. I wrote up my resume. Believe it or not I actually applied for a job. :eek:

It's freelance work writing for a newspaper.

Now I'll just sit back and wait for the rejection letter. :smoke:[/QUOTE]

That's great but I heard they hired one of your ex wives to work as your supervisor ? :lol:

FleetsidePaul 02-28-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 9044406)
That's great but I heard they hired one of your ex wives to work as your supervisor ? :lol:

Uh....No. I just wrote a resume, I can write a resignation just as fast.

Reminds me of a guy I know. He was kind of down on his luck and his ex hired him to paint her building.

She fired him 5 times in 1 day and when she went to drive him home she kicked him out of the car and left him on the side of the freeway. :lol:

Boog 02-28-2022 04:50 PM

Oh man. She did all kinds of wrong to him. Poor guy to have to take a hand out from the likes of her. He should leave some painted signage on the premise about just what she is. :lol:

67ChevyRedneck 02-28-2022 04:53 PM

I always painted dirty stick figures on walls and sent pics of them to my wife while she was at work before I painted over them.

I did a lot of our home renovation work when I was laid off in 2008/09. I got bored easily...

If anyone ever slowly tears my shop down... they're gonna find some funny a$$ stuff ...I like to leave messages too... :lol:

special-K 02-28-2022 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Paul, while we're talking about your "other" marriages I thought I'd share this cool truck you might be interested in

FleetsidePaul 03-01-2022 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9044556)
Hey Paul, while we're talking about your "other" marriages I thought I'd share this cool truck you might be interested in

:lol: Sorry. Not interested. I'm done. I finally got it right. It took long enough.

Dieselwrencher 03-01-2022 07:46 AM

Quote:

Tyler, that does look sweet! Think you can get mine shining that nice? :lol:

special-K 03-01-2022 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 9044696)
Tyler, that does look sweet! Think you can get mine shining that nice? :lol:

That's why I don't shine mine up. Got tired of people asking me to do theirs :lol:. It really does look great. Good thing mine needs a good paint job. Speaking of a paint job, could you...?

LockDoc 03-01-2022 02:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
-
It was a nice day yesterday so I drug out the small parts cleaner.

I had 3 small buckets of rusty nuts, bolts, springs, clips brackets and other stuff. I let it run for about an hour and it cleaned everything up really good. I dump the sand and parts into a stainless tray that sits over a plastic tub. The tray has holes in it that let the sand fall through. Then I use the HF magnetic pickup tool to pick up the parts and put them in the small tub. It works excellent.

LockDoc
-

Boog 03-01-2022 03:06 PM

You've got a real production line going there. And practically hands free.

FleetsidePaul 03-01-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9044843)
-
It was a nice day yesterday so I drug out the small parts cleaner.

I had 3 small buckets of rusty nuts, bolts, springs, clips brackets and other stuff. I let it run for about an hour and it cleaned everything up really good. I dump the sand and parts into a stainless tray that sits over a plastic tub. The tray has holes in it that let the sand fall through. Then I use the HF magnetic pickup tool to pick up the parts and put them in the small tub. It works excellent.

LockDoc
-

My father in law had a tumbler that he would put nuts and bolts etc. in. They always came out looking brand new.

I saw a cooking show where a guy was going to barbeque a LOT of meat. He put the marinade and the meat in a cement mixer and let it do it's thing.

Kind of a crazy idea but it seemed to work.

72c20customcamper 03-01-2022 05:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Had a sink hole in the walkway at the rental property . Turned out to be the drywell/cesspool for the gray water, a couple of block deteriorated as did the 1/4 inch steel plate cover ,so a couple of new bricks a 4x4 piece of 1/4 aluminum plate hate to tell ya how much the 4x8 sheet cost but I figured after 68 years it’s worth it .

Bad thing was I ended up waist deep in the gray water and had to finish the job soaked . Got some scrapes and a couple bad bruises. Wasn’t a very nice hour ride home at least it was the one warm day last week. . Had to drive with the windows open and the heat on .