The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Just call me Sean 03-04-2022 05:24 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Add a suitcase to that list, carry on sized.

72c20customcamper 03-04-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean (Post 9046237)
I'm digging a ditch for a water pipe at my house. Every time I dig something in my yard I hit garbage. This time, I found at least five shirts, several old pull top beer cans, some plates, some cups, a five gallon bucket, and I just finished cutting through a rolled up carpet. I swear one day I'm going to find a body. 15 feet done, about 50 feet to go.

Sounds like your built on an old dump . We were digging footings for an addition to my uncle's body shop .did it by hand during slow periods . We hit a layer of coal ash and under that we found all kinds of old medicine bottles couple of old tin toy trucks . Biggest was a hood light and fender from a model t . It actually made us look forward to digging seeing what treasure would be unearthed

dave6672 03-04-2022 08:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
When I was a kid, we moved from town to the country, where the property around the house had been an old farmstead. Occasionally things would sort of just pop out of the ground, mostly junk. Two things I still have is this 1925 Coke sign and a Pyrex bowl that I use for my cereal.

Steeveedee 03-04-2022 09:24 PM

Keep digging guys, maybe Jimmy Hoffa is going to pop up. :D

special-K 03-04-2022 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean (Post 9046237)
I'm digging a ditch for a water pipe at my house. Every time I dig something in my yard I hit garbage. This time, I found at least five shirts, several old pull top beer cans, some plates, some cups, a five gallon bucket, and I just finished cutting through a rolled up carpet. I swear one day I'm going to find a body. 15 feet done, about 50 feet to go.

Sounds like Florida :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9046336)
Sounds like your built on an old dump . We were digging footings for an addition to my uncle's body shop .did it by hand during slow periods . We hit a layer of coal ash and under that we found all kinds of old medicine bottles couple of old tin toy trucks . Biggest was a hood light and fender from a model t . It actually made us look forward to digging seeing what treasure would be unearthed

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9046363)
When I was a kid, we moved from town to the country, where the property around the house had been an old farmstead. Occasionally things would sort of just pop out of the ground, mostly junk. Two things I still have is this 1925 Coke sign and a Pyrex bowl that I use for my cereal.

I'm always digging up stuff here at this old place. I dig up a lot of marbles. I have Barney Rubble's Flivver (car) I dug up piece by piece. I remember those coming in cereal back in the '60s. In my cellar I've dug up intact old mason jars... empty! I recently dug up a fox trap, a plastic harmonica, plastic horse, and some other artifacts.

Just call me Sean 03-05-2022 12:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The people that used to live here were just gross. There was garbage all over the place on top of the dirt too. I burned everything. Took me a long time to clean up. I found a couple of things I saved, but nothing I eat out of.

3757chevy 03-05-2022 12:42 AM

My place has lots of broken glass . An old cobbler must have dumped his stuff here , We have found an old shoe polish bottle with a cork and wire top with a round brush. Old shoes (mostly just the heel and sole), Lots of broken glass. And a caster oil bottle

FleetsidePaul 03-05-2022 01:20 AM

I went to the hardware store today. I needed some screws and miscellaneous things.
The guy walks up and asks me if I need some help?
I say no. I've got it.
He just stands there. I didn't pay much attention. Then i went over to get some paint. He was still behind me.
It was then that I realized that this guy is following me around like a private detective. He's watching me. Wherever I went he was right there. Shadowing me.

I had to ask myself. Do I really look that bad? For gods sake I'm getting followed around in a store. I guess the answer is yes I do.

Dieselwrencher 03-05-2022 09:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
When we first bought this house we're in, we needed to find the lot lines/stakes. A guy I work with is a nut when it comes to metal detecting. He came over and had a field day. He did find an old coin but that was it. He found a lot of junk. I also found it when I dug the post holes to put our fence in. :lol:

Speaking of junk....... I took another load in yesterday. Shred is down from a couple of months ago but everything else is up. I only had 4300lbs of shred this load.

72c20customcamper 03-05-2022 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started boiling the maple sap today. Trying something different since the buckets are semi frozen I removed the ice and just started with the leftover liquid. Which was already darker than normal used the refractometer and it’s at 9% sugar already !. Read online if I bring the buckets inside and drain after an hour what’s still ice is mostly water very little sugar.

special-K 03-05-2022 07:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I hope it turns out well. I can't believe the difference in climate between here and there this year. It's not spring yet, but we do seem to be through with hard freezes. It's time to till the garden. It was low 20s Thursday night, so still getting cold. But today I poured concrete with no concerns about freezing tonight

72c20customcamper 03-05-2022 08:22 PM

Turned out well Tim . Little over 3 1/2 qts of syrup from 11 gallons of sap usually a 40 to 1 ratio so it saved a lot of time and propane

72c20customcamper 03-06-2022 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today did another 2 + quarts it was strange doing maple syrup in 64 degree weather.

72c20customcamper 03-07-2022 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After spending $671 on orthopedic shoes and inserts last week . Have to say my feet , knees and back are very happy .

Today though I tweaked the router plane to get it perfectly square . I used jb epoxy putty I put paste Johnson wax on the chisel and clamped it in place . Chisel is free to move and be replaced but t no slop anymore

mr.mud1 03-07-2022 07:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i stopped at the dealership to see my new tractor that i ordered last July.it'll be delivered in the next week or 2.the man told me he has deposits on 10 tractors,no idea when he'll get them?

special-K 03-08-2022 09:25 AM

Did you look it over to see make sure it hadn't been driven here? :lol:

mr.mud1 03-08-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9048630)
Did you look it over to see make sure it hadn't been driven here? :lol:

i did,first time i saw it was yesterday.it has .5 of an hour on it,stickers still on the goodyear tires and no scratches in the paint in the backhoe or front bucket.i did notice the bear claw feet i wanted on the outrigger pads were not on.the guy told me they were there,but didn't bolt them on for fear they might get unbolted and dissapear.they will be installed when they leave to bring the tractor to me as well as replace the levelling rod on the front bucket that i pointed to them, was bent?other than that,it looked fine.it'll be sometime in the next week or so.i told him i was in no hurry and didn't want it delivered covered in road salt and crap.i waited this long,i can wait til there's a couple dry days.

72c20customcamper 03-08-2022 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice FEL Mr mud . I’m looking to upgrade but the prices right now are crazy stupid so I’ll make due with the BX25 . Actually getting some downed wood from last nights surprise thunderstorm . Had hail heavy rain and wind gusts to 70mph . Woke up to a coating of snow this morning ,yesterday it was 50 degrees. And as you cans see the door is missing from my tent garage . The zipper broke and the company is fixing it at no cost to me

FleetsidePaul 03-08-2022 08:55 PM

Today I decided to take my old 996 Carrera out for a spin. She's been sitting around too long.
The old girl fired right up after at least 3 months of sitting. :)

I told my buddy to hop in. He told me not to act like an idiot. :lol: I guess he doesn't know me that well. Or maybe he does.

So I stopped and put in some fresh gas and hit the twisty mountain roads. :burnout:

I had forgotten just how much fun that car is to drive. How much fun it is to bang the gears and open her up. The tires stuck to the road like glue. I fell back in love today. My friend needed a couple of beers to recover. :lol:

special-K 03-08-2022 09:53 PM

Take it out more :cool:

Steeveedee 03-08-2022 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9048914)
Today I decided to take my old 996 Carrera out for a spin. She's been sitting around too long.
The old girl fired right up after at least 3 months of sitting. :)

I told my buddy to hop in. He told me not to act like an idiot. :lol: I guess he doesn't know me that well. Or maybe he does.

So I stopped and put in some fresh gas and hit the twisty mountain roads. :burnout:

I had forgotten just how much fun that car is to drive. How much fun it is to bang the gears and open her up. The tires stuck to the road like glue. I fell back in love today. My friend needed a couple of beers to recover. :lol:

I bought a '75 Plymouth Valiant in Lake Isabella (vicinity) to replace the drive train in one of my son's cars- a '70 Dodge Dart with a pos /6 in it. I drove up there with one of my brothers, who confessed to being concerned while riding in my '05 Corolla. :rolleyes: It's a good thing that I didn't have my '69 Camaro or some of the other crazy cars I used to drive at high speeds on mountain roads. But he was more of a straight-line kind of racer.

mr.mud1 03-09-2022 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9048859)
Nice FEL Mr mud . I’m looking to upgrade but the prices right now are crazy stupid so I’ll make due with the BX25 . Actually getting some downed wood from last nights surprise thunderstorm . Had hail heavy rain and wind gusts to 70mph . Woke up to a coating of snow this morning ,yesterday it was 50 degrees. And as you cans see the door is missing from my tent garage . The zipper broke and the company is fixing it at no cost to me

hi Mark,i think i'll be pretty happy with my tractor.i agonized for a while about what to buy,then ordered this new Kioti last July.i guess i timed it right,i haggled a big discount and some things i wanted thrown in,they did all that,now tractors(and everything else) are in short supply,no discounts and some probably selling for over retail.take care.Greg

Stocker 03-09-2022 04:16 PM

Today I wrapped up our taxes and E-filed both Federal and State. Done until next year! :)

72c20customcamper 03-09-2022 05:44 PM

Tinkered around the house 5 inches of snow today . Warm again tomorrow and Friday then another snowfall Saturday. March is such a fun month

Boog 03-09-2022 07:30 PM

Another trip to the DMV. More disappointments. Left aggravated, again.

I bought the 91 and registered it last Nov and never received a title. I asked DMV about it and was told to call the state office. First thing in the morning I called and was on hold for almost 20 minutes, gave up and tried their website and did a title status check. It shows my title was printed Dec 9th, so where is it? Today I went to the local office and showed them what I found. She called the state office and was also on hold for over 10 minutes, finally someone answered and she said my new title had been returned undeliverable. Great! I have been having mail delivery issues for a good while now. That's a whole other problem with the postal service.
The state will not mail the title again by certified or other. I have to go there to pick it up personally.
So while I was there.
We bought the 69 pkup through a friend in 1995 and pitched the title envelope in a drawer to register it once road ready. Well all these many years have gone by. It's still not road ready but I want to at least get the title in our name now so if I expire before the wife she won't have any issue selling it, like this. We have the title but the DMV also wants a Bill of Sale that we don't have and the old woman owner has long since passed.
Now what?