The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Wgesnerjr 03-15-2022 02:36 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

3 Attachment(s)
It wasn't today, but this past Saturday, Me and my buddies pulled the engine from my 95 Trans Am. For those of your that don't know, the engine comes out from the BOTTOM.

FleetsidePaul 03-15-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wgesnerjr (Post 9051721)
It wasn't today, but this past Saturday, Me and my buddies pulled the engine from my 95 Trans Am. For those of your that don't know, the engine comes out from the BOTTOM.

That doesn't sound fun.

Wgesnerjr 03-15-2022 05:32 PM

Oh, it isn't at all since the windshield comes half way over the intake. Not only do you have to drop the coolant, freon, fuel, trans fluid if auto and brake fluid. Then you get to raise the car enough to slide the engine, front suspension, and trans out as one unit. We did this in my low slung garage (7 foot at the lowest, 8 foot at highest) and on a day where it only got to 35 degrees in Atlanta. Fun Level = 3

3757chevy 03-15-2022 05:52 PM

Good day

Quote:

Originally Posted by boog (Post 9051717)
"while we were down there we just had to stop at cracker barrel." so the day wasn't all bad.

That's a good day right there.

Boog 03-15-2022 07:00 PM

Yessir. Good day. It's been 2 years since the covid outbreak and we are just now beginning to go back to inside dining.

TALLone71 03-15-2022 08:59 PM

when I got home from work, my youngest son came up to me, and wanted to know if I would take him and his girlfriend out for a ride in the 72...I could not resist that thought!.beautiful ride up to the river and back, we took some dinner with us and ate sitting on the tailgate watching the sunset, talking bout our day, we all had a great afternoon!

72c20customcamper 03-16-2022 07:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Found another goodie in one of the Hershey sell box NOS A/C Delco fuel pump . In 65 and 6 studebaker used Chevy motors

Redneck Rydes 03-17-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9048427)
i stopped at the dealership to see my new tractor that i ordered last July.it'll be delivered in the next week or 2.the man told me he has deposits on 10 tractors,no idea when he'll get them?

I have a DS4510 I love it after 3 back surgeries I can't do without it,use it for everything,even changing engines!

mr.mud1 03-17-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes (Post 9052468)
I have a DS4510 I love it after 3 back surgeries I can't do without it,use it for everything,even changing engines!

yes sir,i'm hoping there's a million reasons to have one,once it gets here.

dieseldawg142 03-17-2022 11:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
after dragging the stock ramp racks on my quad trailer everywhere for 10 yrs, finally decided to get rid of it. never, ever used it, and it's about 150 lbs of excess weight the trailer can do without.
something like 90-100 torx screws to come out of the deck boards. surprisingly didn't strip or wreck a single one...:metal:
Attachment 2177886

deck was TIGHT. even with the screws out i had to use a jack to force the first board out, then it went pretty good...hope they go back in as nice too
Attachment 2177888

so many times i've dragged this or hooked on rocks or stumps...
the backstop bracket is completely welded in and no where for water to go...be glad to get rid of this.
will re-paint the underside and a couple coats of sealer on the boards.
Attachment 2177891Attachment 2177892

Getter-Done 03-17-2022 11:43 PM

Nice Work.:metal:

I have a Helper/Inspector just like you.
She is a different Breed/ but all in all.
The same because /If it moves /She is there:lol:

LockDoc 03-18-2022 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
-
Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies. (again) My wife keeps eating them. I guess I will have to hide this batch.... :lol: .. I like mine a little darker than she does so I leave some of them in the oven a little longer.

If I can find some shredded coconut I am going to make some Dark Chocolate Mounds or Almond Joy bars. That's one of the problems living in a small town. Limited supply of some things.

LockDoc

Stocker 03-18-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9053158)
-
Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies. (again) My wife keeps eating them. I guess I will have to hide this batch.... :lol: ..

LockDoc

Oh Leon those look..... well, good enough to eat! Nice touch blaming your wife for the disappearing cookies. I'll have to remember that line.... :lol:

dieseldawg142 03-18-2022 09:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
finally rid of the ramp rack....can't belive it only took me 10 yrs to ditch it..
threw the rack on a scale, 154 lbs now eliminated. might not sound like much, but the kid's new quad is 400 lbs heavier than his old one, which had us running within a couple hundred lbs of load limit. now we got a little more play in there. trailer popped up about 2 inches with the deck off.
Attachment 2178021Attachment 2178022

washed the frame and boards, let 'em sit for a couple days then repaint and seal
Attachment 2178023

just for the halibut, decided to run the cut-off wheel over my fingers...
Attachment 2178024

dieseldawg142 03-18-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9052882)
Nice Work.:metal:

I have a Helper/Inspector just like you.
She is a different Breed/ but all in all.
The same because /If it moves /She is there:lol:

yep...
can't move or go anywhere without my shadow...lol

special-K 03-19-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALLone71 (Post 9051884)
when I got home from work, my youngest son came up to me, and wanted to know if I would take him and his girlfriend out for a ride in the 72...I could not resist that thought!.beautiful ride up to the river and back, we took some dinner with us and ate sitting on the tailgate watching the sunset, talking bout our day, we all had a great afternoon!

That's living the good life right there. Perfect
Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9053249)
finally rid of the ramp rack....can't belive it only took me 10 yrs to ditch it...
...just for the halibut, decided to run the cut-off wheel over my fingers...
Attachment 2178024

Ooh you lucked out. I've cut into the skin with a grinder wheel and that's one of the nastiest healing cuts I've had.

My '72 has over the wheelhouse 5th wheel mounts I have yet to remove and I've had the truck since '01. At first I wanted to leave them, but decided they are a nuisance over 10 years ago. A lot of bolts to cut but I really need to do that

72c20customcamper 03-19-2022 08:56 AM

Cutoff wheels and skin aren't a good combo . Last year I had one explode on me working on the 72 .went to truck Carlisle with 3 stitches in my left pointer .

72c20customcamper 03-19-2022 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started to do the valve train on the Chevelle . Found one of the studs to be buggered up at the tip and some of the poly locks so tight I had to use a 3/8 inch ratchet and hex socket to back them off ,after this I have lost confidence in this builder. I’ll have to pick one up a new stud Monday .

72c20customcamper 03-21-2022 07:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I’m running out of pallets . Good thing I get these for free they are pressure treated and have 5/4 decking wood on them . I get them from a friend that sells big equipment . But I estimate by measuring that I have over 20 cord split and stacked . With 5 cord split but in piles and 10 in log form to buck cut and split yet . So approximately 35 cord and a friend called this morning last wind storm nocked down 3 big white oaks and a dozen or so ash trees . Some oak cherry and black walnut that’s been sitting in a pile for close to three years . These were at the bottom little pinky on the outside nice and solid inside

Steeveedee 03-21-2022 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...cries inside, seeing black walnut run up a chimney as smoke.

Here's a tool chest I built out of black walnut...

leddzepp 03-22-2022 12:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Having 2 barn style sheds built. First one went up today, roof, doors, and window will be finished up tomorrow. Then I will paint them to match the house.

LT7A 03-22-2022 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9054753)

That's sharp!

72c20customcamper 03-22-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Very nice .

I do mill the nice trees but some trees are just not nice enough.

On an arborist board I'm on we kid about Highly Valuable Black Walnut . Some is good for milling and some is to twisted or cracked . I wont even try milling a yard tree or roadside always full of nails .

Steeveedee 03-22-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9054842)
That's sharp!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9054907)
Very nice .

I do mill the nice trees but some trees are just not nice enough.

Thanks, guys!

LockDoc 03-22-2022 03:17 PM

-
Quote:

Looks great! I've done enough woodworking to know that you put a lot of work into that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 9054832)
Having 2 barn style sheds built. First one went up today, roof, doors, and window will be finished up tomorrow. Then I will paint them to match the house.

Those will certainly give you a lot of extra storage. I have been thinking about building a smaller one for the wife's garden tools and the yard tools.

LockDoc
-