The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bought a one owner 75 C10! Yeah, it's beat.. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=852248)

HeavyD 04-28-2024 01:40 AM

Bought a one owner 75 C10! Yeah, it's beat..

5 Attachment(s)
FB provided this gem while working near Estevan, Saskatchewan. Always wanted a Spring Green 75/76, and this happens to be a 75 Scottsdale with a (running) 3504V and (cooked)Th350.
Good news is that it isn't that bad rust wise, obviously box is tough and one fender bad, but the floors are intact and even the rockers are solid, a real rarity for this area.
Bad news is the thing is pretty beat up from farming and animals using it for a scratching post. If door dents can be corrected I can use them, needs hood, fender work, and a box for sure.
Bought off the original owner who is in ailing health for $500, his wife wanted it out of the yard now, he bought it new in 75 and would like to see it live again.
No I have not touched my 71 Lime truck after 19 years, no I didn't need this, but here it is.

*can't figure how to make all pics face same way..anyone?
*also, anyone know what that knobless pull lever is in last pic? From GM??

Prong 04-28-2024 04:53 AM

Re: Bought a one owner 75 C10! Yeah, it's beat..

That lever is for the emergency brake. You're missing the little T handle that goes on there.

too much stuff 04-28-2024 08:30 AM

A little buffing and a trans and you are good to go.

Wikid61 04-28-2024 02:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here.

Dead Parrot 04-28-2024 07:12 PM

Don't see any rust spots that can't be fixed with repair pieces. If what you are after is a 20ft look restoration, that bed rail might be fixable with a BFH and a backstop. Same for the doors.

Lose the glue on molding, that can be a rust magnet, at least mine was.

2nd on that rod being part of the park brake. Stomp on pedal to set, pull on missing T-handle to release.

HeavyD 04-28-2024 08:27 PM

Thanks for fixing the pics..
Geez should have caught the brake release part, doh.
Yes most c10s up here are crusty beyond belief, the rockers on here are solid but need paint now or they won't be there much longer. Idea is to patch it up some, big cleanup, trans, and get it to drive after sticking some of my parts stash on it. Looking forward to actually being able to drive something instead of talking about it like my other one.

Inner door rust isn't nearly as bad as any of my 71 pieces, and if the dents can be massaged a couple small patches on outside should do it..insides are better than hoped and the floor is even good. Must have spent more time on farmyard and less on road getting killed with salt.

HeavyD 04-28-2024 08:28 PM

Oh, been looking at options for this year..are my door panels supposed to be a parchment like the seat or pale green and faded? Look white but I can't find that option for 75 interior. Have original book and paperwork for truck but spid feel out of glovebox at some point.

VWNate1 04-30-2024 09:29 PM

I think you scored for $500 ! .

Don't forget to take it back and show the old man when it's running .

TKCR 05-01-2024 07:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyD (Post 9309108)
Oh, been looking at options for this year..are my door panels supposed to be a parchment like the seat or pale green and faded? Look white but I can't find that option for 75 interior. Have original book and paperwork for truck but spid feel out of glovebox at some point.

Someone has swapped a 79-80 Mystic seat into the truck. It could be the Pearl Gray also, but I’m pretty sure that’s the Mystic. Since it’s a low grade model, the truck would have had a non-tilt seat, like this one. And this is most likely the “Poor Man’s foamed” seat. So he probably swapped it with a “Full Foamed” tilting seat. The Mystic is a pretty rare color also.

Everything should be green, right down to the seatbelts. Speaking on seatbelts, these are my favorite style of belts. There’s just something about them, lol. Old school looking I guess. I restore seatbelts, I have the most fun doing this style.

bhc41051 05-02-2024 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have it's twin

HeavyD 05-17-2024 02:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
That truck is NICE!!

So pulled the trim off and yep, tons of rust behind it as was mentioned there would be.

Yanked the seat out, steamed it because it stunk and just gross in general, scrubbed the seat belts in a bucket of soapy water (needs a 2nd try) and vacuumed all the straw and piles of dirt out. Next will wash the entire interior and decide if I should get the seat done now or wait a bit.

Was going to take the wheels off and put my slots with brand new tires on it, but someone impacted the lug nuts on..guess I am shopping for one myself.

Mirrors were broken so they were tossed, it is a start.

Found the spid! On driver side inner fender, haven't seen that before..odd.

HeavyD 05-17-2024 02:12 AM

Is there an easy way to align these pics before posting? They are right side up in my library..I don't get it.

straight6chevyguy 05-18-2024 07:36 PM

Nice find I like the color, I'm curious if you found a build sheet under the seat?

too much stuff 05-19-2024 10:26 AM

Not positive on the year of change, but i think all of the SPIDs were on the inner fender for the first few years of the square body.

HeavyD 05-20-2024 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by straight6chevyguy (Post 9313060)
Nice find I like the color, I'm curious if you found a build sheet under the seat?

No such luck, just springs and foam that doesn't smell too good anymore.

Robert Crandall 05-21-2024 10:10 AM

The mirrors look good in the photos. Originals are hard to find now and are nicer than aftermarket. Glass can be replaced. Your truck, your call, but I would not toss them.