The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Lmc (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=566521)

JointTech 02-17-2013 06:34 AM

Lmc

Bought new leds for the whole truck. the 2 reverse lights are supposed to be white... I installed them but my reverse light switch was broken. Couple weeks later I got it fixed. I had already thrown away the LEDs box and packaging before realizing they had sent me one red and one white.

I called and the lady said no problem we'll send another white one out. I said cool ill send the red one back. She said keep it. I was a little surprised since it was a $25 bulb. She said yea you can keep it or toss it, sorry for the trouble.

This is my second order with them and both have been smooth.

Oh and FYI the LEDs they sell as singles, not taillight lense kits or led sidemakers, are just superbrightleds.com bulbs. In their box and evrything, not even relabled. I didnt check to see what they cost there.

Not sure what ill do with one red led. Maybe conver the cargo light to a third brake light. except i like having a cargo light and dont love the third brake light shining off the back of the truck every time i hit the brakes.

kingsolver72 02-17-2013 11:38 PM

Re: Lmc

Thanks for the positive post. I have done a lot of business with LMC over the years. I've talked to the guys behind the counter about some folks gripe about them. One guy told me they record all the calls that come in and he blamed the customer for ordering the wrong items. Said they will go back and listen to the recording and that's how they know. I wonder if that is true. If so,they know they sent you the wrong part from the conversation you had with them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Indian113 02-17-2013 11:50 PM

I ordered parts for my 64 from them and in the list was a part for my S10,They asked me if I knew that part was not going to work on my 64.

zammer 03-19-2013 03:47 PM

I ve had good experience from LMC..

JointTech 03-21-2013 03:07 PM

Got a new dome light today. Its not impressive. All plastic and flimsy feeling. The chrome is pit and spot free and it looks good but it feels really cheap.

I also got the stainless bed holddown bolt kit. It looks fine.

I also hate the replacement gaskets they sell for lights. The stock gaskets are the big fuzzy velvet like things that are nice and thick. ALl the replacements ive gotten from LMC are just thin neoprene.

JointTech 03-21-2013 06:34 PM

bah. I also had ordered the screw and nut and spacer to put my cargo lamp back together. What a bunch of crap. Its a plastic spacer and theres no way you can make it work. no idea what they are thinking.

I ordered the proper rubber one with the nut built in from classic parts.

JointTech 03-21-2013 06:58 PM

dang. ok to be fair. The spacer would probably work fine if I had the right rubber nut. Looks like I ordered the wrong thing.. Now I need a $1 part which costs 8 to ship. doh!