The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

57taskforce 08-18-2020 10:40 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Thanks Guys, it’s as equally happy as it is sad! The family is all doing quite well all things considered. He was the best man I’ve ever met and maybe one day I’ll be half the man he is.

Steeveedee 08-18-2020 01:43 PM

Sorry about your grandpa.

67C10Step 08-18-2020 03:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sounds like a great man that I am sure was proud of you.

I always remember what the preacher said at one of my buddies funerals. He passed away serving in the Middle East. The preacher told us if there was something we really loved about him, copy it and that would carry his memory on.

Steeveedee 08-18-2020 09:32 PM

Went to the gun range. 111F in the shade, and the gun barrel about half lit by the sun. My son bought a Bergara .308 rifle and so wanted to use the high power range. They wouldn't let me shoot my .22 at 50 feet (I have a ton of targets for that distance). By the time I got the scope dialed in for the 50 yards and got some rounds off, it was time to go home. I need a better scope, as the cheapo one I have I couldn't get a decent sight picture. I used to do better with iron sights. Now, I'm old, though, and the cataracts are creeping up on me. My mask kept getting in the way, and fogging the lenses on my specs. Hot, humid and sweaty. :waah:

DeadheadNM 08-18-2020 09:42 PM

Tyler glad you arrived safely and again I’m very sorry for your loss.

kwmech 08-18-2020 09:45 PM

After fitting the dash pad on my suburban I went on to finish off the painting on my house

Dieselwrencher 08-18-2020 09:47 PM

I cut lots, and lots of trees down on Sunday. It was hot and humid too. Hard on a fat guy. :lol:

57taskforce 08-18-2020 10:55 PM

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the comments.
68C10Step; I’ve got a few things I’m gonna do my best to copy. That is very profound advice!
Pete; those blueberries look amazing. I missed the wild raspberries here by a few weeks. They go perfect in homemade from scratch, custard base, vanilla ice cream.

davischevy 08-18-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8794541)
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the comments.
68C10Step; I’ve got a few things I’m gonna do my best to copy. That is very profound advice!
Pete; those blueberries look amazing. I missed the wild raspberries here by a few weeks. They go perfect in homemade from scratch, custard base, vanilla ice cream.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Good men tend to influence good men. I'm sure he did a good job.

special-K 08-19-2020 09:16 AM

I'm sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing. As was just said, you have his influences that are him living on beyond his mortal being.. I'm sure you are passing that on to your children.

I've run through Harpers Ferry on three round trips since Saturday on my way back and forth to/from Star Tannery along Cedar Creek. It always feels good to get back home. This rainy morning I'm sure is conjuring up some reminiscence. Probably feels like rainforest weather. I'd let you drive my '72 if it was running. Doggone starter bolt!

72c20customcamper 08-19-2020 05:49 PM

Sorry for your loss

Boog 08-19-2020 06:44 PM

Most of today I spent straightening up the shop. Worked on clearing up the work bench and getting some shelves up to put things over head. Of course I threw out very little but did some organizing. Mainly opening up some floor space around the truck. I found that set of 3 bar spinners I haven't seen in 5 years. :lol: I still haven't found that large frame wrench I've been looking for..

4u2nv 08-19-2020 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished this up
Then a couple cold ones

kingsolver72 08-19-2020 08:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had the day off!!! So I explored a bit of the Flint Hills Nature Trail on my bicycle.
I rode 14 miles came home and took a much needed long nap.:metal:

Steeveedee 08-19-2020 08:40 PM

My hemorrhoids are whimpering, looking at that seat. I would ride my bike around here, but after some close calls with jackasses with big trucks seeing how close they can get to me, and getting hit once, that's off the table.

cornerstone 08-19-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8794999)
I had the day off!!! So I explored a bit of the Flint Hills Nature Trail on my bicycle.
I rode 14 miles came home and took a much needed long nap.:metal:

Looks like it was a great day for that too. I'm looking forward to temps to get back down into the 80's so I can do the same and not get heat stroke.

kingsolver72 08-19-2020 10:43 PM

Yeah Brian, the temps here really haven’t been terrible. The nice thing about the trail is there is lots of shade.
I went out around 11:00am.
Early morning would be even nicer, but I’ve got a feeling there’d be cobwebs everywhere.
That’s just hard to get used to.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-19-2020 11:15 PM

Lazy day man, I played my drums, napped because I didn't sleep great.

Took care of some legal for one last-ditch effort. Unfortunately my life may involve attorney intervention. Nothing I did, it's the result of having to deal with a dumb-smit. He's begging for it, and smoked if he doesn't budge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 8794992)
Finished this up
Then a couple cold ones

Looks fantastic

Steeveedee 08-19-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsolver72 (Post 8795097)
Yeah Brian, the temps here really haven’t been terrible. The nice thing about the trail is there is lots of shade.
I went out around 11:00am.
Early morning would be even nicer, but I’ve got a feeling there’d be cobwebs everywhere.
That’s just hard to get used to.

Cobwebs! Don't get me started! I walk our dog around the neighborhood in the morning, and they are everywhere! When I get home I have to pick them off her face, and I'm always slapping them off my legs and arms. The only time I used to have for exercise was long walks in the morning, starting at 3:30 AM, when I was working. Webs? Yeesh. I bought a headlight hat so that I could see where I was going at that time of night (morning), since some of the streets didn't even have lights. I carried a spider-whacker and waved it around while I was out walking, so that I didn't get them in the face. Never mind that old man walking around in the dark, waving a stick like a Ninja. :lol:

kingsolver72 08-19-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8795117)
Cobwebs! Don't get me started! I walk our dog around the neighborhood in the morning, and they are everywhere! When I get home I have to pick them off her face, and I'm always slapping them off my legs and arms. The only time I used to have for exercise was long walks in the morning, starting at 3:30 AM, when I was working. Webs? Yeesh. I bought a headlight hat so that I could see where I was going at that time of night (morning), since some of the streets didn't even have lights. I carried a spider-whacker and waved it around while I was out walking, so that I didn't get them in the face. Never mind that old man walking around in the dark, waving a stick like a Ninja. :lol:

Funny stuff!:lol:

cornerstone 08-19-2020 11:34 PM

My day started with diagnosing and fixing one of our AC systems. A 35$ capacitor was bad so I felt lucky since that particular system is as old as the house... 34 years. Anyways, its up and cooling again.

After that I got busy with my "new to me" backhoe. I need to dig up 20 or 30 yards of topsoil, then spread it around a recent slab I poured, so I can get the grass growing and reduce erosion. I really enjoy running that machine, its a stress reliever for me. I call it my "video game" since it has joysticks.:lol: I got about half way done and things got weird in the front end. I looked down and the front wheels were pointed opposite directions... so I stood the machine up on the front bucket and outriggers and crawled under to take a peek. The power steering cylinder bolts backed out and, and with the cylinder not mounted to the chassis, the wheels just went any old way the wanted. Thankfully the giant bolts were still there, so with any luck I'll be back in business soon.

kingsolver72 08-19-2020 11:39 PM

Congrats on the the new backhoe!
Sounds like you’re diggin it.
Seems like when things breakdown it happens in multiples.

FleetsidePaul 08-20-2020 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 8795115)
Lazy day man, I played my drums

How do you do that?

I always get yelled at when I play my drums.

Maybe I should move them out of the living room.

Or become a better drummer.

prairewolf 08-20-2020 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8794249)
Thanks Guys, it’s as equally happy as it is sad! The family is all doing quite well all things considered. He was the best man I’ve ever met and maybe one day I’ll be half the man he is.

I am sorry for your loss, that is a good picture of you two together.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 08-20-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8795178)
How do you do that?

I always get yelled at when I play my drums.

Maybe I should move them out of the living room.

Or become a better drummer.

:lol:Same reason there are Chevy parts scattered throughout the house, bachelor has its benefits;) I found the better you play the louder it is. I more/less found a knack for it, took long enough. Never mind the head phones, I have to use a lot more than ear-plugs or I leave the set punch-drunk:metal:

No way I get away in the living room, my dogs wouldn't have it. They're in the backroom so bug my neighbors most;) They deserve it:smoke: