The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   lmc and or brothers?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=507932)

1972chevyowner 02-08-2012 08:02 PM

lmc and or brothers??

im just getting started i was looking at stuff from brothers and lmc but have never got anything from them is it good stuff or is there a better place ???

67c10rustbuket 02-08-2012 08:39 PM

Re: lmc and or brothers??

I've ordered from both and never had a problem. Brothers has been real good to me. I have heard ALOT of complaints about LMC but like I said I personally never had a problem with them.

There is a vendors area on this site where some companies sell direct through this site. I hear a lot of good things about GMC Pauls who is a vendor on here.

ortegamotor 02-08-2012 08:41 PM

Brothers all the way.........

Fldawg 02-08-2012 08:57 PM

Brother's ..... ask for tim. he will bend over backwards for ya, really good guy

jamesi20 02-08-2012 09:08 PM

I personally have had good luck with both of them,and also with the board vendors.

C/10 King 02-08-2012 09:08 PM

"John" and "Tim" @ "Brothers" are both members here and have always taken care of me, I personally been dealing with "Brothers" for about 24 years without a problem. :chevy: Plus they put on one hell of a show!!!

72farmer 02-08-2012 09:15 PM

Brothers here too.They will bend over backwards to make you happy.

1972RedNeck 02-08-2012 09:26 PM

LMC = Lots More Crap

KevsClassics 02-08-2012 10:13 PM

Truck Shop prices are way better

leddzepp 02-08-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevsClassics (Post 5175820)

And they have everything in stock.

71meangreenc10 02-08-2012 10:23 PM

Read the bad deals area and you may see some bad stuff on both companies. Me, I have never had a problem with LMC, I dont like how brothers back orders after you think they have it in stock and it usually takes a long time to get. Since your in WA, look for Wes at Classic Heartbeat, he is a great guy to deal with and there is another vendor up in WA, Frank aka PICKMUP...he is up there...

Smitty

71swb4x4 02-08-2012 10:35 PM

There are a couple vendors in the upper west coast area. Try Wes at Classic Heartbeat, he is on the other side of the state in Olympia.

Nova_Cobra64 02-20-2012 12:00 PM

It seems like there is no solid answer for this one, just depends on personal experience. For me, I'll go with LMC next time for sure.

I ordered from Brothers during their sale last spring. At that time I was having everything shipped to Canada, so the whole order was held back due to back orders. Further down the road I managed to find a shipping location in the US where I could go pick stuff up. I talked to John on here and had him change my ship-to address and also added a few items to the order, he was very helpful with this process. What I didn't like about the purchase is: 1)They have a sale on a bunch of items they do not have in stock, 2)No solid answer as to when the parts will come available, longest items took 7 and 8 months, 3)I had to watch my CC statement for billing and then contact them for tracking info so I would know when to pick my items up at the border.

My one transaction with LMC was flawless, you know before you submit your order if it is in stock or not. I don't care for their website that much though, bit of a pain to navigate.

Achevytruck 02-20-2012 12:30 PM

Brothers

50bomb 02-20-2012 12:36 PM

I go to car/truck shop in Orange,Ca because it is basically down the street from me. But brothers is a good place. I love their truck shows.
http://www.truckshows.org/index-gal.php

LEX 02-20-2012 12:38 PM

While we're on the topic, does anyone know for sure which of these two vendors carry Precision windshield gaskets?

ItsRandy 02-20-2012 01:01 PM

I bought a lot from Brother's. That whole back order problem they have can make you nuts, I've waited 5 months to receive stuff. When you order they tell you it will be in, in a few weeks. I've had good experiences with them other than that.

LMC...never again.
Posted via Mobile Device

67swb72klb 02-20-2012 01:10 PM

lmc parts and shipping prices seems kinda high i will use the truck shop next time

72BOWTIE4X 02-20-2012 03:15 PM

I bought some cables for the heat/ac from LMC, they were crap!! Half the thickness of the originals.....Made in China crap!! Ask if parts are OE or imported......If they're cheap, there's a reason for it.......

treveiger 02-20-2012 04:52 PM

I ordered from lmc no problem but never brothers. I wouldn't be scared of either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dieselwrencher 02-20-2012 05:19 PM

I just had some head liner trim that the chrome came off of that was purchased through LMC. I hate to tell you guys, I'm betting most of these parts are only made by 1 or 2 manufacturers. So most of the stuff is probably the same quality just re boxed. What can you do?

blkcorvair 02-20-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEX (Post 5200591)
While we're on the topic, does anyone know for sure which of these two vendors carry Precision windshield gaskets?

GMC Pauls. Just got one fits perfect!

blkcorvair 02-20-2012 06:05 PM

Ive used brothers with good results. LMC scares me. Never any good sales and they cant tell you what manufacturer makes what part. As far as sheetmetal though Triplus only for that!

Autoblueprint 02-20-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972chevyowner (Post 5175456)
im just getting started i was looking at stuff from brothers and lmc but have never got anything from them is it good stuff or is there a better place ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50bomb (Post 5200586)
I go to car/truck shop in Orange,Ca because it is basically down the street from me. But brothers is a good place. I love their truck shows.
http://www.truckshows.org/index-gal.php

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevsClassics (Post 5175820)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67swb72klb (Post 5200637)
lmc parts and shipping prices seems kinda high i will use the truck shop next time

I used to buy almost exclusively from the Truck Shop but the quality of their parts have gone south as of late, so I started purchasing from LMC and I am happy with the quality of the items I've purchased from them so far; although LMC prices are towards the high side. I'll only buy from the Truck Shop when I'm in the area and can actually inspect the parts before purchase. I also purchased quite a bit from Summit Racing throught the years and have no complaints; reasonably priced, great tech help, fast shipping and no hassle returns. I've also been looking at Porterbuilt Fabrication items and spoke with Nathan, he's very helpfull; next truck I build will probably be very heavy with the Porterbuilt stuff.

drewskiren 02-20-2012 09:56 PM

I bought everything from the truck shop on my truck after I personally visited several vendors. Their cab corner patch panels for one were way better in fit and thickness than the pair off ebay and the second pair from LMC (same manufacturer).