The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   1975 Blazer. Need help with a few things (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=852114)

HeloCrewChief 04-21-2024 09:09 AM

1975 Blazer. Need help with a few things

5 Attachment(s)
Picked up another truck. 1975 Blazer. Had it shipped from Nevada. Has some pretty cool patina to it and remarkably solid underneath and in the rockers/rear floor area. The front floors at kick panel area have some rust issues.

Is there someone on the forum that sells rebuilt consoles and tilt columns? Seem to remember that somewhere.

Is just dashes the best dash pad manufacturer and USA Industries for Door panels?

What am I missing from my spare tire carrier to be able to mount a spare tire? Anyone reproducing parts for these carriers? Thank you in advance!

dmb 04-21-2024 10:33 AM

Re: 1975 Blazer. Need help with a few things

I have a used tilt column and a blue console that the hinge is frooze up out of a 1975 blazer
david

cheyguy 04-22-2024 08:32 AM

Nice Blazer!

K5Blazerguy on Instagram and Facebook sells restored consoles. I’m not sure if he’s got a profile on here but he does have a website. Www.k5blazerguy.com

I’m not sure on the column. There are quite a few places that will rebuild them if you ship them one but I don’t know anyone who’s a “one stop shop” for them.
You’ll probably have to run down old tire carrier parts on the parts page or “auction sites”. I don’t believe anyone is reproducing them anymore.

Best of luck! There are a lot of little things on the full tops that were only 3 year parts and are tough to find.

smupser 04-23-2024 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheyguy (Post 9307272)
Nice Blazer!

K5Blazerguy on Instagram and Facebook sells restored consoles. I’m not sure if he’s got a profile on here but he does have a website. Www.k5blazerguy.com

I’m not sure on the column. There are quite a few places that will rebuild them if you ship them one but I don’t know anyone who’s a “one stop shop” for them.
You’ll probably have to run down old tire carrier parts on the parts page or “auction sites”. I don’t believe anyone is reproducing them anymore.

Best of luck! There are a lot of little things on the full tops that were only 3 year parts and are tough to find.

I have bought one of “restored” consoles. There was definitely some spots that were questionable for the price I paid. Several others have said his restorations are questionable. His billet cupholders are nice. But I think it’s easier and cheaper for one to restore a console
Themselves.