The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Blazer and Suburban Stuff (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   TX WTB - Suburban Rear AC Switch w/ Face Plate (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=839514)

WannaBe68 11-05-2022 10:22 AM

WTB - Suburban Rear AC Switch w/ Face Plate

4 Attachment(s)
Putting in a rear ac in my Burb and would like to complete it with the correct ac switch like this one.
Or I could make due with just the "REAR A/C" face plate without the switch and wiring.
Thanks!

jlmerie 11-05-2022 03:13 PM

Re: WTB - Suburban Rear AC Switch w/ Face Plate

Great pictures. They even look a little familiar. On a more serious note, I believe that is a 1972 only rear a/c switch. That is not to say you could not make it work for a different year. Bump for you.

WannaBe68 11-05-2022 07:37 PM

Thanks - Those your pics?!
I probably should have mentioned I pulled those off of google which got them from a thread on here...I'm guessing yours!
But, I have not found or seen that face plate anywhere else.

jlmerie 11-05-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBe68 (Post 9141099)
Thanks - Those your pics?!
I probably should have mentioned I pulled those off of google which got them from a thread on here...I'm guessing yours!
But, I have not found are seen that face plate anywhere else.

No problem. I am often surprised when my old pictures show up out of no where. Sometimes I will google something and get my own pictures back. Maybe someone could 3D print it for you. I would expect someone on here could get you a picture to use as a template. Just a thought.

WannaBe68 11-07-2022 12:02 PM

James,
I do know someone that might be able to 3D print that faceplate.
Do you happen to have those pictures in high res format? Something he can zoom in on to see the details better?
If you do let me know and I will PM you a good email address.
Thanks again!

jlmerie 11-07-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaBe68 (Post 9141755)
James,
I do know someone that might be able to 3D print that faceplate.
Do you happen to have those pictures in high res format? Something he can zoom in on to see the details better?
If you do let me know and I will PM you a good email address.
Thanks again!

Sorry, I do not have a better resolution. Those pictures are from years ago. I do think someone who has this on their Suburban could get you some HI RES pictures. It is not difficult to take this apart to get pictures. Good luck. jlmerie

nsiti 11-10-2022 04:36 PM

Hi, and thanks for posting. I am also in need of one of these mechanisms. There is nothing but a hole in my dash bezel where this would otherwise go. As I progress with my restoration, I'm going to have to figure out what to do to control my rear A/C. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Regards,
Nick

nsiti 10-16-2023 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsiti (Post 9142888)
Hi, and thanks for posting. I am also in need of one of these mechanisms. There is nothing but a hole in my dash bezel where this would otherwise go. As I progress with my restoration, I'm going to have to figure out what to do to control my rear A/C. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Regards,
Nick

I'm bumping this thread as I'm seeking to purchase a rear AC switch w/faceplate for a 1972 Suburban. Any leads would be appreciated, thanks!