The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Welcome Area (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   New to board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=141230)

SmilinJack53 02-16-2005 03:20 PM

New to board

Greetings to all,
I am obviously new to not only this board but new to message boards in general (I know I know, that means I'm a newbie :o)
I am here on recommendation from a buddy in order to sell my 72 chev truck. If anyone can give me tips on procedure etc, I would certainly appreciate it.
Please contact me at [email]kellyp@acer-access.com. Thanks!

Putter 02-16-2005 05:09 PM

First....Welcome from Central Mississippi. This is definately the place to come for everything (I mean EVERYTHING) 67-72. You might want to mosey around a little while and post a few comments here and there before you try and start selling. I have seen guys get flamed for doing that. The reason why....?? We like to know who we are dealing with. Also, one quick point, you might want to fill out where you are located by going to "USER CP" located at the top of every screen. That would also help establish yourself. So, again, welcome....look around....sit a spell....and have fun.

Rollie396 02-16-2005 08:21 PM

welcome to the boards!Sorry to hear you are thinkin about selling though.Putter's advice is sound and probably worth your time to follow.Look forward to seeing your input and enjoy your stay!

Blue Beard 02-16-2005 09:48 PM

Welcome from SW Washington State....

Lot of friendly people and information.....use the search or faq to see some good examples.

If you are serious about selling, send me pics and I will help you post them...

FRENCHBLUE72 02-16-2005 11:14 PM

Welcome to the board from southern oregon..

N2TRUX 02-17-2005 11:28 AM

Well SmilinJack53 welcome to the forum. My first bit of advice would be don't sell it, restore it. If you insist on selling, keep an eye on Ebay and www.traderonline.com to get an idea of what trucks like your are going for in your area.... :cool:

SmilinJack53 02-21-2005 04:29 PM

Thanks for the welcome and advice

First of all, thanks Putter........good advice. I wish I had more time to spend here so no doubt I'll katch krud from someone eventually. Are u lifetime Missip boy? I went to school in New Orleans for awhile myself so I feel like brothers already.
Blue Beard, Rollie396, I wish I could restore her but alas, cannot. Personal reasons force me to either sell the truck or the 91 (mint) Blazer....tough choice, but have made it. It really did come from a little old lady who never drove it, too. :(
Hey French Blue.........I alma matered out of PSU........nine in Portland total. Howdy :cool:
Finally, New2......good idea and link..............Blue Beard I might just take you up on that offer if I ever get some un-blurry pics. I have a feeling though, selling in the local nickel will turn up someone.
Thanks one and all.