The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Check Engine Lite. No Codes (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=850873)

57FleetsideC4 02-22-2024 09:40 AM

Check Engine Lite. No Codes

Hi, I am doing a 57 chevy pickup with a 6.0 LQ4, 4L80E. I also have a Dakota Digitial Dash with the BIM module to pick up data from the PCM for the dash. I got the truck started only for about 15 seconds and the check engine lite is on with no codes stored. I did unplug the PCM and reconnected power and the check engine lite is not on so that tells me the wire to the lite is not grounded. Has anyone ran into this? This is the first LS conversion I have done so all new to me. Thank You Steve

suburban99 02-22-2024 04:28 PM

Re: Check Engine Lite. No Codes

Don't know what PCM you are using but on the RED-BLUE connectors the MIL light is pin 46 on RED. It supplies ground to the light. Hope this helps..if you have a scanner that reads live data your can check the status of the MIL light on that as well.

57FleetsideC4 02-22-2024 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suburban99 (Post 9289887)
Don't know what PCM you are using but on the RED-BLUE connectors the MIL light is pin 46 on RED. It supplies ground to the light. Hope this helps..if you have a scanner that reads live data your can check the status of the MIL light on that as well.

Thanks for the information. Mine is a Blue and Green Connector with DBW. I do have a Chinese knock off tech 2 and a acron code reader and will check status of lite. I know it will store codes as I had a fuel pedal code which was my error. Just a odd one. Thanks Steve

57FleetsideC4 03-04-2024 10:10 PM

Hi, I figured out why the check engine lite was on without codes. I am using a Dakota Digital RTX cluster which has a check engine lite. The LED light needs to see some kind of load so had to hook up a separate lite and this corrected the problem.Steve

derotoreut 03-14-2024 08:24 PM

Hey neighbor. I'm nearby from Darien, NY. Wish I would've seen this sooner. I ran into the exact issue as you and solved the problem by putting in a small light to take some of the load. Problem solved.

57FleetsideC4 03-15-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derotoreut (Post 9295796)
Hey neighbor. I'm nearby from Darien, NY. Wish I would've seen this sooner. I ran into the exact issue as you and solved the problem by putting in a small light to take some of the load. Problem solved.

Thanks Neighbor, I reread all the Dakota manual and there was information on it and that's how I found it. I guess it like adding led exterior lites. Steve