The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Trunnion question for a fleetside (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=416855)

66GTO66C10 08-16-2010 11:13 AM

Trunnion question for a fleetside

Does anyone know if poly trunnions are avaliable for a 66 long fleetside. I have seen them for the stepside but not the fleetside. I really hate the metal on metal sound of the factory ones. Secondly, what is the difference between the fleetside and stepside trunnions? I have not seen the hinge setup on a stepside to know the difference. I wonder if the stepside trunnions could be used on the fleetside.

jonzcustomshop 08-16-2010 12:32 PM

Re: Trunnion question for a fleetside

1 Attachment(s)
there is a fleet one sitting on this dash...
looks almost the same as a step one I pulled. the step ones have a hole drilled in them , so they don't spin when you take the bolt out, the step one is bolted to the bed with the same size bolt as the fleet is bolted to this bracket...
I will try later today putting this fleet one in a step gate , and see if they fit together....

shrunken66stroker 08-17-2010 12:25 AM

I hope to get the answer or a fix to the horrible groan problem of the stock ones.

1966chevy 09-17-2014 04:31 PM

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

1966chevy 09-25-2014 11:37 AM

Edited by forum staff

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

1966chevy 09-25-2014 03:59 PM

Clyde65 09-26-2014 09:03 AM

1966Chevy, where do you get these trunions?

1966chevy 09-26-2014 10:24 AM

PM Sales are SPECIFICALLY not allowed on this site. You have been warned multiple times to stop trying to sell your items on this site, whether directly or via your Ebay link. Become a supporting vendor and you can sell as many of these as you can make. I know the market is there for them. Just in case you don't seem to be reading this, this reply does apply to any selling, anywhere on the site, not just the Classified area.

Chevy Fleetside 09-26-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrunken66stroker (Post 4143209)
I hope to get the answer or a fix to the horrible groan problem of the stock ones.

Did you try putting a little grease on them before you installed the tail gate?

1966chevy 09-26-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside (Post 6857554)
Did you try putting a little grease on them before you installed the tail gate?

Yes, but with these there is not more noise or grease on them and No more dripping rust.

Slow Build 09-26-2014 02:42 PM

It looks like you may have a good product and we (the people on this forum) are the right guys to get the word out about it if it works. But that isn't going to happen if you get removed from the forum for ignoring the rules and the admin. Just become a forum supporting member and do it right. You put a lot of work into this, don't screw it up now.

1966chevy 11-11-2014 06:42 PM

chevy_mike 11-11-2014 10:06 PM

1966chevy, awesome you became a high octane member. These look to be great items that have been needed for quite a while. Glad you will be able to fill the void.

Slow Build 11-11-2014 10:28 PM

Congrats on stepping up. Well played.
:wave::wave:

As said, it looks like a good product. It's on my list. I think Santa may be getting me a set for Xmas.

Good luck in your endeavor.

1966chevy 02-04-2015 07:17 PM

1966chevy 10-01-2015 01:19 PM

1966chevy 11-12-2015 06:55 PM