The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Tools, Shops and Shop Safety (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   2 post hoist. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=607334)

Slammed66 12-09-2013 02:19 AM

2 post hoist.

Looking at getting a two post hoist, any suggestions, what to look for, what to look out for?

faribran 12-09-2013 05:00 PM

Re: 2 post hoist.

Hey Slammed... as am i.... i will be tagging along to see any good info these fine people have to offer....

richard2717 12-09-2013 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have the ceiling height I would go with one that routes the cables and hoses overhead if you are buying new. The one I bought has the floor plate that covers the cables and hoses which makes it tricky if you are using a transmission jack. I bought mine used for $1000 so I can't complain. I would not go any lighter than 9000lb either. here is a pic. of mine. It goes tall enough that I can work standing straight up even working on my sons car. I did not like the idea of a 2 post lift off the start but warmed up to them after seeing the tall jack stand rests you can use to stabilize it once its in the air. The guy I got mine from gave me the 2 stands with the lift so that was a plus. There are several posts related to the lifts right here in the tools section that might help as well. I know they did when I started looking.

Richard

eldogg 12-09-2013 08:15 PM

I agree with Richard. I have an older Rotary that I horse traded for and it is a low profile (cables & hoses on the bottom) If your on a budget check out Greg Smith Equipment if not get a Rotary.

faribran 12-18-2013 02:37 PM

i just pulled the trigger on a BEND PAK... used 10m#, 2 post Assym lift. i have to get the concrete in place so i can get it installed...

ETsC10 12-20-2013 12:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by faribran (Post 6424336)
i just pulled the trigger on a BEND PAK... used 10m#, 2 post Assym lift. i have to get the concrete in place so i can get it installed...

Great choice...you're going to love it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 6410040)
If you have the ceiling height I would go with one that routes the cables and hoses overhead if you are buying new. The one I bought has the floor plate that covers the cables and hoses which makes it tricky if you are using a transmission jack. I bought mine used for $1000 so I can't complain. I would not go any lighter than 9000lb either. here is a pic. of mine. It goes tall enough that I can work standing straight up even working on my sons car. I did not like the idea of a 2 post lift off the start but warmed up to them after seeing the tall jack stand rests you can use to stabilize it once its in the air. The guy I got mine from gave me the 2 stands with the lift so that was a plus. There are several posts related to the lifts right here in the tools section that might help as well. I know they did when I started looking.

Richard

I've got roughly the same gig as Richard only smaller. Mine's a Direct Lift rated for 8,000#.
Buggers when new just run a couple grand. Floor cross-over style & low profile.
It could have gone taller due to the 14' ceiling height, with a taller lift & cross-over on
top but it was already installed and I bartered for $800 in storage fees.

No complaints except I'll be running a release cable to one side...now you have to unlock the
locks individually side to side.
I've seen a full-dressed suburban on it with no prob. but, obviously, use it for a high-style bed holder. :D

CMACDONALD1 12-23-2013 12:01 PM

Spending more money I see!!! You will love the hoist at home!

classicchev 12-23-2013 01:25 PM

Matt. Im getting mine after Christmas.. Picking it up at the border.

As you know me I did a tone of research, looking for the best deal I could find. I ended up with a Worth 10000 # low ceiling 2 post. Cost me less getting it from Texas than what I could buy a Rotary, or anything else local for, including shipping.. Again after talking to a lot of people, I found out a lot of "things", my advice would be to save your time and buy a Worth..... You will have to contact them, maybe you can still get the price I paid. They are on Facebook... thats were I saw them.

classicchev 12-23-2013 01:27 PM

Call me if you want some of the "details" of some of the stories I have been told.. Dont think I can post anything here..

classicchev 01-10-2014 01:39 AM

Mine is being shipped tomorrow!!!!!!

Slammed66 01-10-2014 05:23 AM

We will be chatting Darren, I know your defiantly not one to half ass, something

Bigdav160 01-10-2014 11:25 AM

I bought my Rotary SP94 from a school. It's a '93 model. I purchased it in '99

It hasn't been used that much; certainly not as much as a commercial shop.

I'm currently rebuilding the lift cylinders (German made Pacoma brand) after the pressure seals just fell apart and it leaked all over the floor.