The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   LS fuel system question need help (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=651731)

trkfrk 12-02-2014 11:02 PM

LS fuel system question need help

1 Attachment(s)
My LS1 is out of a 1999 Trans Am and has a return fuel system. I plan on using the corvette filter with built in PSI regulator to return back to the tank from the filter. My question is, what do I need to change on my fuel rail to get rid of the return line? Or do I need different fuel rails? If you have any part numbers that will be very helpful.

trkfrk 12-02-2014 11:12 PM

Re: LS fuel system question need help

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the filter

ls1nova71 12-03-2014 03:50 AM

Only '97 and '98 Corvettes have return style fuel rails. What you have is a returnless. You dont need to do anything to it. The second lne is an evap line, you won't need it.

faribran 12-03-2014 09:35 AM

Good call Eric. This is the same set up I have.

trkfrk 12-03-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1nova71 (Post 6942741)
Only '97 and '98 Corvettes have return style fuel rails. What you have is a returnless. You dont need to do anything to it. The second lne is an evap line, you won't need it.

That's great news. What do you recommend I do with the evap line? Thanks for your help.

trkfrk 12-03-2014 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like I can cap the fitting coming out of the manifold for the evap hose. Has any one done this?

Thanks

trkfrk 12-03-2014 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I removed the evap hose from the fitting in the intake manifold. It looks like the fitting is pressed into the manifold.

ls1nova71 12-03-2014 10:54 PM

Yes, just put a vacuum cap on that and you're done.

trkfrk 12-03-2014 11:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1nova71 (Post 6943715)
Yes, just put a vacuum cap on that and you're done.

Perfect. Thanks for reply.

My last question and then I can start ordering my fittings and filter to get the fuel system routed. There are 3 connections on my fuel pump. The connection on the far left is marked "R", I assume return. The far right connection is marked "F", I'm ussuming filter or supply/psi line. What is the middle connection for? Is it the evap connection? Can it be plugged or should it be vented? Or am I completely wrong?

ls1nova71 12-03-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkfrk (Post 6943771)
Perfect. Thanks for reply.

My last question and then I can start ordering my fittings and filter to get the fuel system routed. There are 3 connections on my fuel pump. The connection on the far left is marked "R", I assume return. The far right connection is marked "F", I'm ussuming filter or supply/psi line. What is the middle connection for? Is it the evap connection? Can it be plugged or should it be vented? Or am I completely wrong?

You are correct on the feed and return lines. The tank DOES need to be vented somehow, so the center one can be run to a vent if your tank doesn't already have one. I'm assuming that is a Camaro fuel pump/sender assembly? If so, they are internally regulated and don't need the Vette regulator.

Edit: The more I look at it, that looks more like a truck pump/sender assembly. In which case you DO need the Vette filter/regulator.