The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   CA used bedwood wanted (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=749715)

oem4me 11-02-2017 05:12 PM

used bedwood wanted

Looking for some original FACTORY bedwood boards to replace a few badly split/warped ones. Not interested in a repaired or restored looking bed for this project. One, two, or however many you might have saved from when you put your fancy oak and stainless bed in. No paint remaining is ok, just not wanting big splits, holes, or warpage. I need a couple original bed strips too, if you have those. Oh yeah, the bed is an 8 footer. Anyone?

Ennehazrad 11-03-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oem4me (Post 8073957)
Looking for some original FACTORY bedwood boards to replace a few badly split/warped ones. Not interested in a repaired or restored looking bed for this project. One, two, or however many you might have saved from when you put your fancy oak and stainless bed in. No paint remaining is ok, just not wanting big splits, holes, or warpage. I need a couple original bed strips too, if you have those. Oh yeah, the bed is an 8 footer. Anyone?

Posted via Mobile Device

Ennehazrad 11-03-2017 06:26 PM

Re: used bedwood wanted

If you have Instagram, there's a guy who goes by lowrider_rob who is selling some... check him out.
Posted via Mobile Device

oem4me 11-04-2017 12:10 AM

Thanks, but I don't do facebook, instagram, twitter, or any other social media. Maybe I can get a friend to look him up for me.

63kneeknockerRob 11-04-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oem4me (Post 8073957)

i got a set of original wood planks from my 62 c10 longbed
got all 8 boards. solid

63kneeknockerRob 11-04-2017 02:11 PM

hey i have some 8 foot original bed wood planks message me for more info

oem4me 11-04-2017 03:29 PM

Cool. PM'd you. thanks - Bruce

oem4me 11-05-2017 01:00 AM

Still looking.

mckee 11-06-2017 10:58 AM

I have some if you are still wanting some. when I get home I will send pic's

oem4me 11-06-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckee (Post 8076466)
I have some if you are still wanting some. when I get home I will send pic's

Thanks, PM coming.

GMCNUT 11-07-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oem4me (Post 8074855)
Thanks, but I don't do facebook, instagram, twitter, or any other social media. Maybe I can get a friend to look him up for me.

I'm going to suggest you re-think your social media strategy because like you, I wanted no part of Facebook until I realized the world of antique pickup pages and groups like this one on there and what parts and trucks, and everything in between was being sold on there. Facebook may have started as a place for Women to post gossip and pictures of their kids, but its WAY WAY more than that now. I get texts when people post about old trucks on groups I am in, and see when they reply or ask a question instantly on my smartphone. Facebook is not alien technology to 50+ year olds either - very intuitive and easy to learn. I think you would love Facebooks multitude of 60-66 specific truck groups and like me, probably spend more time there than on here. Something to consider anyway :)

oem4me 11-07-2017 07:44 PM

Still looking. I know it's out there.

oem4me 11-07-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCNUT (Post 8077462)
I'm going to suggest you re-think your social media strategy because like you, I wanted no part of Facebook until I realized the world of antique pickup pages and groups like this one on there and what parts and trucks, and everything in between was being sold on there. Facebook may have started as a place for Women to post gossip and pictures of their kids, but its WAY WAY more than that now. I get texts when people post about old trucks on groups I am in, and see when they reply or ask a question instantly on my smartphone. Facebook is not alien technology to 50+ year olds either - very intuitive and easy to learn. I think you would love Facebooks multitude of 60-66 specific truck groups and like me, probably spend more time there than on here. Something to consider anyway :)

Yeah, I'm watching the tide change too. Honestly, I'm dedicated old school as far as everybody knowing my every move. Kinda creeps me out that most people seem to prefer popularity over privacy these days. Don't get me wrong, people are awesome and friends are important, but when i get an unsolicited email which includes a list of several unrelated friends that are on Facebook, I just want to run the other way. ...Mr. Unitrucker, I know. ;)

pimpston65 11-08-2017 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oem4me (Post 8077513)
Still looking. I know it's out there.

i've seen a few folks selling complete used bed wood. so im sure you'll find it without instatwiterbook.

oem4me 01-20-2018 03:25 PM

Back up top. Still looking for any quantity longbed boards.

aotte1 01-28-2018 04:56 AM

Good luck on your search for bed wood.

Agree on Facebook not being for me too.
The platform as operated, is not something I want to be part of, scary.

They basically sell all the information everybody puts on their, to anybody who pays them to use all this information on their Facebook network. They do not control how your information is used. It is out their forever. Why would I put personel information on somebodies network, for them to target me? And make money doing it.

cru_zn_29 01-29-2018 11:19 AM

You don't find me there.

oem4me 04-06-2018 04:19 PM

Bump. Any quantity original 8' bedwood.