The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Heavy Haulers (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   Kingpins. Where to source them?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=808393)

lexadmn 06-28-2020 09:20 AM

Kingpins. Where to source them??

1 Attachment(s)
1976 C60 with F050 front axle.

I am not able to find kingpins for this truck.
I have been looking for several months with no luck.
I can however, find these parts for the 7000 # (F070) axle, but I do see in my manual - these are different all together.

I have visited all of out local auto-parts stores. Too old. Computer doesn't go back that far.
I have done Internet searches until I am tired of the Internet. Nothing.
We do not have a local NAPA, but they do not show these parts on the Internet either.
I have stopped in the local heavy duty truck shop and they tell me - too old, we don't go back that far.
I tried the Chevy dealer and they tell me - "if it is older than 2000, we cannot look it up".

Does anyone have a source to the 5000 # (F050) kingpins?

At times, I find I am older than I feel. I don't feel a 1976 truck is old, but the kids at the parts store remind me I am as is the truck since the computers will not search that far back.

Bigdually 06-28-2020 11:18 AM

Re: Kingpins. Where to source them??

RockAuto has them listed for the F050 axle BUT..... It seems they're the right length per your manual but they're a slightly larger diameter. Not sure if the axles you have could be reamed to accept the newer slightly larger pins or not.

lexadmn 07-01-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdually (Post 8765332)
RockAuto has them listed for the F050 axle BUT..... It seems they're the right length per your manual but they're a slightly larger diameter. Not sure if the axles you have could be reamed to accept the newer slightly larger pins or not.

Thanks Bigdually. I was hoping I would not have to do any additional machining, but certainly was an option.

I did find the pins. I called Moog and they gave me the part number (MOOG 8570B).
Although the local store could not look up the pins for my application, they did have the pins in stock. $85.94 at O'Reilly.

:metal:

sweetk30 07-01-2020 07:08 PM

there is a spring shop 2hr north of me that has been in biss for YEARS . they do all sorts of custom king pin work and bore beams and sleeve them to true them up and bend beams for camber fix . . . if you were not able to find parts this was to be my idea . get the closest and over bore / true up the holes on the beam and knuckles and then have a more common replacement part .