View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 08:19 PM   #7
plumbcut
california fill

all very excellent ideas- but Ive already tried all of those! PB blasted the heck out of it..

I tried putting a fork like tool in those holes.. I used a small pair of long nosed vise grips and then put a wrench perpendicular to that.. it held real well... with my dad turning the wrench and me holding the flywheel on the other side as best as I could (its very soft aluminum), we couldnt muscle it loose (and we're not girly men ) I think I need to modify a big 1/2" drive socket to fit in there so I can run my impact on it... as for the strap wrench--- the outer part of the clutch spins freely (its the part that the chain rides on) so it would be useless.. I did use a vice grips chain wrench to hold the flywheel side though...

sears wants nothing to do with this saw anymore and cant recommend any parts providers.. their website however does have nice exploded views of any and all parts....

Im hoping I dont wreck this clutch because I dont know if Ill be able to replace it but i sort of NEED it off.... Ill keep ya'll posted thanks for the ideas!

pc
plumbcut is offline   Reply With Quote