View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #46
mastercraftkpk

Saying that ANYTHING that has a hardner or catalyst in it ALSO has isocynates is incorrect. This is just like saying that every aerosol can has cloro-flourocarbons (cfc) that damage the ozone layer........UNTRUE, but the general public believes it because they are too lazy to get actual FACTS. For example, the epoxy primer that I use does not have isocyanates, but it does have other products that may be equally as dangerous.

I do not want to pick on trixter99...BUT his statement is NOT accurate.

Also, while it is true that a PROPERLY FITTED supplied air mask/system is best, a proper filter/CHARCOAL filter combo will protect you as well. Most of the members here will not get a fresh air system because of the cost...the 3M setup that I listed in a prior post is strongly recommended.

AND..there has been NO more of a proven link between galv. fumes and Alzheimers then there has been between eating too much cheese and Alzheimers. While it is true that ALL fumes emmitted while welding are harmful to your health, there is no need to add to the confusion. Whomever told you that is also misinformed.

Arm yourself with actual facts and do not be confused by rumor....BUT by all means PROTECT YOURSELF as best you can.

They are not "insurgents"...they're vermin, cowards, and terrorists.

Egon..." I think that they are more interested in my epipedimus."

Last edited by mastercraftkpk; 06-28-2005 at 10:54 AM.
mastercraftkpk is offline   Reply With Quote