View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #29
Bob Gervais
Truckless for the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K
Hey Bob,my driver`s 1/4 is caved-in from a jackknife.Join the club.Minr was rust-free w/Zeibart.Just had bad paint.

Well, I don't feel as dumb for doing it then! It was really weird, and a little scary at the same time. I was going down the hill to my shop, and at the bottom of the hill I need to turn right to get into the shop driveway. I knew there was ice, and I was creeping along, maybe 5 mph tops. I was in 4-low, first gear, simply for the engine braking so I didn't have to use the brakes. I started to turn, and the Burb instantly started sliding. I couldn't stop it, even by hitting the gas a little to straighten her out. I was more afraid that I'd wreck the Jeep than I was about the Burb. My mother in law isn't exactly the forgiving type.

In the end, no damage to the Jeep, except a smudge of my paint on the pushbar. She insisted I buff it out, and I insisted that she buy me a new 1/4 panel. We settled on just leaving things the way they were.
1987 V1500 GMC Suburban, 350 TBI, Flowtech dual exhaust, Rough Country 2" spring lift, 56" 3/4 ton rear spring conversion, 33" BFG All Terrains, and the smokescreen engine mod -- Former truck, searching for another now...
Bob Gervais is offline   Reply With Quote