View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
davidh

Re: No More Craftsman Tools For Me

I like my craftsman too. I used to work an autorelatedshop where the guy had all these snap on tools in his Matco tool box. He literally would wax this tool box! His argument would be "if you are going to use tools everyday use snap on. I said sears would probably be just as good. Yet, we would work on something and he would say get the cheaper tools to work on that. Then I'say but if we're going to use them "everyday." I have noticed the finish on some craftsman tools isn't as good as it was before. I've had more problems with the 1/2" ratchets(spelled correct?). Sometimes they replace the whole thing other times the mechanism. I dont like that when I take a broken socket to them they ship it to me 2 wks later. I've broke some deep sockets before.
Here's the real irony. That guy sells craftsman tools now
As far as new trucks go I think the motors will stand up but the rest of the truck will fall apart around it.(esp 35years from now). If they do break down just think how hard it will be find a computer for the motor, harnesses etc. So, much more to go wrong.
It used to be if it turns over, gets spark, fuel, it will run.

Why would they make things that last now, they want you to keep buying "NEW".
davidh is offline   Reply With Quote