View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 12:07 AM   #18
evan

Re: evan's stereo install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos'84TX
Okay question for anyone that has subs behind your seat, can you recline comfortably?
I have a 10" behind my seat and I feel all crunched up. And I'm not a tall guy, about average height?
My bench doesn't recline at all, it just moves forward and back. I don't know if it is different for other years. Before I put the sub in, I had the seat set so that it would just touch the back of the cab when I was sitting on it. With the sub in, it is one notch further away from the back of the cab. I notice the lack of reclining room when I go from other vehicles back into my truck, but when I'm just in my truck I get used to it. Even without subs there isn't really any room to lean back.

I plan on eventually putting in buckets and making a custom center console to house subs and amps, but other things have higher priority right now. I've been noticing the different depth of the seats that other guys have been putting in, and so far I think the buckets out of a Dodge Dakota seem to fit the best against the back of the cab.