View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #23
shifty
Questionable

Re: Speakerboxes (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farside847
I went onto Audiobahn's website but I can not tell if it has two speaker level inputs (left and right) or just one. Do you know? An amp with two speaker level imputs would be perfect (I think)

thanks!

Yes. It says this quite clearlly in the "specs" at the H-O-T sebsite. See the specs:

Tri-way capable with optional crossover
MOSFET power supply
Chrome-plated Finish
1 or 2 channel output
Variable crossovers
Subsonic filter
Bass boost
Preamp outputs
Soft-Start Circuitry
Speaker-Level Inputs
Cooling Fan

This would solve your RCA problems in fact. Just to get more bang for your buck, I would get the $80 one and turn the gain/levels way down to a suitable level for you. Seal your current box and like chevmall says, be sure that you use very good grounds, scrape the paint off of the grounding source really well and try to ground to something that's thick metal and attaches to the frame using a good thick gauge of wire. Bad grounds are the #1 cause of electrical noise.

That amp also has built in crossovers. I suggest buying that amp to power your subs, buy the $38 amplifier wiring kit above (don't get the cheap $24 one) wire it up nicely and neatly, use the head unit to power your small speakers (put bass blockers on the little guys), use the amp to power your subs, remove any treble/mid filters from the subwoofer and use the crossover built into the amp instead. This will leave you with a kickass little system for you to rock out with.

This is just my 2¢

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 02-21-2006 at 10:43 AM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote