View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 03:49 AM   #19
jus_1982

Re: stereo speakers...where to put them?

ok, me and my family have done this to all our classic trucks. it requires moving the gas tank from behind the seat. then you make a carboard flat template that fits behind your seat. wish i had a pic so you could fully grasp the concept because it looks outstanding. the template should be as tall as the seat roughly and extend as wide as possible to give it uniformity as opposed to trying to hide it. it should be another point of pride you want to display. slightly angle the template to give you room to enclose your speakers. use template to cut 3/4 inch particle board. mount whatever speakers you desire. we usually put a 5 1/2 in each upper corner so that it is visible and busts your eardrum. follow this with 2 10" subs. be sure to enclose these on the back side. mount your amp on the back side of the board. cover board to match your interior. you will have a gap from angling your board. just use leftover particle board, cut it to shape and cover it too. now you have a custom completely enclosed speaker box that you could mount a ton of speakers on if you like. and it looks absolutely professional. i wish i had a pic of it. i will have to see if i can get one from my brother so i can post it and you all can see what i am talking about. why skimp out on your speaker box if you have a sweet hot rod. it will just bring it down. everything must be uniform and look like it belongs. this is an easy project thoug. can be done in a day. message me if you want more details and really want pics