View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
RunTMCfan

Re: Subwoofer under passenger seat?

I have numerous years of advanced car audio installs. I'll check out my blazer today. If you are crafty with fiberglass you can do just about anything. Don't worry about the subs fireing forward though. Generally in an SUV you get more output firing to the rear. It gives the long wavelength a chance to do it's thing. In my 2002 silverado I do have dual 8's firing forward due to design limitations. However if you want a more natural sound, my brain says to have them firing forward, assuming of course they fit.

My subs are goint into the bed panels.

If you sit in a car or truck that totally rocks you will notice their arrangment in the front is very beefy. Sometimes multiple 6.5" mids on each side. Since most Blazer guys don't want to cut their doors or kick panels you may resort to having your mids and highs in the side panels in front of the rear bench. To really keep up with my two 8's in my 2002 I need way more than my Infinity Perfect 6.5's.

Just make sure you have the mids and highs capable enough to keep up with a pair of 8's. It takes alot more than many think.