View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #26
PBFAB.COM

Re: "In Progress 55"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy
Porterbuilt: So if it came down to going with a Shockwave setup or a traditional bag setup on a clipped frame, what would you prefer? Cost is important, but not mandatory. I figure that if I could save money and divert the saved funds into another part of the build, then I'm money ahead. But if the Shockwave is better, than I'll definately spend the money there. I really like the way you did the '55, and it definately shows that you know what you're doing. Because of that, your opinion is very important to me.
I personally would never install an airspring on a front clip... only a Shockwave. Reasons being: The Shockwave is a "modular" unit, air spring and bag all in one- it makes the installation much cleaner and no need to get creative with shock mounting locations that will almost always rub on your tire! If you consider your time (and frustration) to be worth anything, the shockwave will save you considerably in this area. CAL58 GMC has some other good reasons too. (FYI There are two different heights available for this installation one is an inch taller than the other.)
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote