View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #39
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

Cool Re: Subwoofer under passenger seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster
That's what I was thinking too. Hmmm. I suppose I could just fiberglass the inside of a stock console. Or... perhaps I could make new subwoofer enclosure out of MDF and make it look like a stock console. Just reuse the lid or make one.
I also own a 97 TJ that's my DD while I get the K5 back on the road. I say that because of this. This guy has a super stealth stereo in his TJ & that is what I'd like to do with mine except I'd only want one of the subs under the backseat. I'd build the box the same way, but have 2/3rd's of it for tool storage.

Obviously, the exact dimensions wouldn't be the same, but I don't think the concept can be beat. I LOVE the slide-out amp under the driver's seat!! Come Awn!! What a great idea, and he didn't cheap out on the install OR the write-up. Went immediately to my favorites.

I'll eventually put in a set of split Tahoe seats in the rear of my K5 & when I do, I'll gut them, box them & use the same idea. Having the Jeep let's me try out a bunch of stuff that I can then perfect for implementation to the Blazer.

Good luck with the install, let us know how it works out.

Later,

Buddy

Sorry for 2X post
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's

Last edited by BUDDY; 08-17-2006 at 03:55 PM.
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote