View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #10
PonyX

Re: Who wears a wedding ring while working in the garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak
I have been married for 5 years and dont own a ring for that very reason. I work with my hands all the time.....I told her not to waste her money. If your signifacant other does not understand the hazards...dont marry her.

I bought a 1968 1 owner parts truck in Tn. a few months back. We cleaned it out a low and behold in the glove box was a wedding band. I contacted the guy I bought it from and he sounded puzzled. His dad was the original owner had taken it off working on it in the garage 10 years earlier and could not find the ring. He was glad to get it back!!!

That is a neat story. Those other stories were all pretty nasty. Thanks Dean. I will make sure to take my ring off from now on. I can be a little accident prone sometimes. A couple of weeks ago I was drilling some holes and I was holding onto the piece with my left hand and as the bit was going in it caught something and the whole thing I was holding spun around. My left thumb got caught between two pieces of metal. It caused a deep cut and almost tore the nail off. It is getting better now.
PonyX is offline   Reply With Quote