View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #19
shifty
Questionable

Re: What Tools Do I NEED?

That box up there (three level black) Andy posted is the exact one I'm talking about. Keep an eye out the next few weeks. They regularly drop the price to near $350 - saw a two-tier (the top and bottom pieces) for $249 week of Christmas. Ball Bearing, too. Local circulars always show a better price.

Also, you can enroll in the "Craftsman tool club". It's free, do it at any sears. They send you a special catalog every 6-8 weeks with sick deals on things, and you get a member card that will knock 10-15% off of all purchases.

For budget tool shopping, don't forget about your local Craigslist - www.craigslist.org - pick your closest city over on the right-hand side and shop the tools section. Lots of deals in there from people who bought something, used it once, and are selling for half the price they paid because it's gathering dust.

Lowes often has display items and returned items for sale here, also. 30% off, no questions asked. Sometimes doesn't come with a box, but ... who cares ?!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote