View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #43
1969C/10
Unskilled Labor

Re: What Tools Do I NEED?

Well I plan on driving older trucks for years to come. I want to buy another old truck as a daily driver(I have my eye on a 1970 K10 near my house) and start working on my current truck. I would like to fix the rusted out areas that are currently filled with bondo (There are three guys at my work who weld for a living so I think I can get them to help with that ) and do a few other things like an original bed, lower it some, and stuff like that. I'm hoping to be able to do this stuff at my grandparent's farm because they have a new barn/garage that is mostly unused.
Right now I'm just trying to get enough tools to do basic stuff. I think I'm going to try to get a 3 stack ball bearing craftsman tool box for my birthday (I will have to pay for most of it, but I think my parents will help out a little). Once again I would like to thank all of you guys for your ideas, I now have a pretty good idea of what I want to spend my paychecks on. I agree with Andy that now is the time for me to buy this kind of stuff, since I'm living at home and getting free meals. When I go to college I probably wont have any extra money for tool (hopefully enough to keep working on my truck slowly though). I will keep you guys updated as I start to put together my tool collection for working on my truck this summer. Thanks!