View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: Anyone interested in a bikini top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RckyMntnKng View Post
Great thanks.

So I can just find a set of snaps and install them as I see fit for the top....and remove them for the hard top to be re-installed.

It would be nice to have a template from a Bestop..so that I could have the snaps in the same place, for when I eventually get one of those full soft tops.
Now that I have my K5 running, but no soft top yet, I've got to decide if I go ahead and drill holes or wait until somone hopefully starts selling the STC Fastrack top again. I bought a rail from them before they went over but sure would prefer to have their top so I knew I was putting the snaps in the correct location. I don't know if Bestop has a pattern, seems like I recall their website has installation manuals online.

Burt4x4 is correct, the bikini tops do not have any snaps installed so you get them placed where you need them. Probably gonna have people source their snap kits locally too. The upholstery guy mentioned some of the kits don't install the snaps very securely - if it were me, I'd probably see about having a local upholstery shop install the snaps with their snap press.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote