View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
rough69

Hello from rough69! '69 SWB NOR-CAL

Well I guess I'll join in here and introduce myself instead of the constant lurking

Just recently bought my '69 SWB for a song, I've always wanted one but I am a stickler for Shortbed Fleetside, and they are getting hard to come by. Not to mention the fact that this is a coil spring "race truck" which I love.

Story goes the previous owner blew the original 350 up and slapped in a 010 4-bolt (supposedly Corvette, I believe it is) motor in there along with the TH350 trans and sold it to another guy who now had 2 '69s, but his other one had priority and was given a frame off so he never got to this one.

The cab is in awesome shape and pretty rust free except for the drivers side outer rocker and a few tweaker driven random screw holes.

I've already started to clean it up more and pulled out the friggin' house carpet that was under the unbolted seat, removed the christmas themed red and green seatbelts for a nicely cleaned up black set.

The motor was just kind of slapped in there resting on 2x4s, big hassle because the guy I think was trying to convert to the newer style "clamshell" motor mounts but he didn't drill the lower bolts in the k-member so the frame mounts were just flapping around.

A quick talk with Bill from Vintage Chevy Trucks and I ordered the correct frame towers and everything lines up and is bolted in. I thought the crossmember would never line up.

I have to run a few more lines and get the correct driveshaft for it (got one with the truck but Lord knows what it is from). I have some headers to throw on it too.

Future plans are a 5-lug disc conversion (I already have rotors / axles / drums), a 5/6 ECE drop, and I would like to repaint the truck in its original color Med. Olive Green. I love that color, in fact when I was a little kid we had a '68 Impala that was that color and I loved it but mama sold it for $300 a few months later

All in all, I love this truck and wouldn't sell it for the world. I have always wanted a fullsize truck and had 2 S10s and many many other Chevys and this one's a keeper.

Here's a pic, I look forward to meeting more of you C10 fans, this truck has already made more friends for me heh.

rough69

Last edited by rough69; 07-31-2007 at 02:50 AM.
rough69 is offline   Reply With Quote