View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #81
tallhoedude
ROCKWELL 5 TON CLUB !!

Re: My Build Begins!

thanks guys!
not really a lot to narrowing the axles..ill get some progress pics as it goes.
basically you cut the long side down and run 2 short side axles..gets my wms to about 70" wide with disc brakes...the front and rear hubs can also be flipped around to narrow another 8 inches,just cant run disc brakes with the hubs in the narrow position.stock wms is about 76" wide!! narrowed,gets you to about the same width as a 1ton.
leafs or coils..........well,first i was gonna go coils and 4 link.....but for what i use the truck for.....im juyst gonna go leafs.i will be building custom perches on both axles to add between 4 and 8 inches of lift,that way i dont have to spend big $$ on custom springs,plus retain a little ride quality...yes i said ride quality
will be running full hydro steering(build and setup photos to come)
leafs are by far easier and less $$...for mud,tug o war and sled pulls...i dont need 4 link...im not going to be rockcrawling.
more to come...........
1970 K5 "ON THE ROCKS" PROJECT:500hp 6.0 fuel injected. 2wd sm465 trans,t136 2.5 ton transfercase,5ton rockwells with 9.34 gears,custom wheel disc brakes,full hydro steering20+" OF LIFT AND 67/35/25's..67" tall TRACTOR TIRES.."THE MUD SLUT!!"
MY BUILD THREAD:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=221935

1997 TAHOE,SAS D60 14B,5:13 DISC BRAKES,CROSSOVER STEER,HYDRO ASSIST,42 IROKS
HINT:NEW NAME "K5ontheROCKS!"
tallhoedude is offline   Reply With Quote