Thread: Welders!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #95
BIGRAGU

Re: Welders!

Regardless of which brand you go with I would highly recommend buying from a welding supply house. I manage a welding supply store and could go on all day about horror stories from people who purchased online. Everything from getting damaged machines to missing parts and everything in between. And when they do have a problem they are usually on their own. I can always get very close to the online guys prices if not beat them. Then when you have a problem we are there to take care of it for you. We dont claim to know everything about the machines, this would be impossible with the constant changes in technology, but we can always get you a straight up answer. If a customer requests it I will always go to his shop and set it up and do a demo for them. We sell ESAB, Miller, and Lincoln and I will say that we have by far the least problems with the ESAB. They all have good machines however Lincoln in my opinion has very poor support. The ESAB will also give you more welder for your money. They offer the Migmaster 203 for around $1275.00 and it will do an excellent job of anything you will encounter in a bodyshop. It has 12 voltage taps,will accept up to 45# spools of wire, has a spot timer, comes standard with a 13' gun, is gas ready, has a running gear so no need for a cart, is spoolgun ready, and welds increadibly smooth through the entire voltage range. IMO buy a good one once and it will last you for a lifetime.
BIGRAGU is offline   Reply With Quote