View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #91
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's Project Traizer 2WD closed cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick69 View Post
Anything new with this project?

Frank
Yes finaly I got my lazy Arse out in the shop!
I rebuilt the hindges last week end and re-set the doors for fitment. Then this week end I squared up the cab, trimmed abit and started welding it in place. I started with the A posts and worked my way around to the back of the cab. On the A posts I will be sectioning in a splice to offset the joints that I will have to show you rather than trying to explane it. I also sectioned the rear of the cab in order to get the body lines how I wanted them. All this is so I can pull the body off the frame in the next week or two. It will get mounted to a tip and flip proto-type dolly so it can be flipped over and I will remove the wheel tubs, bed sides and any rusted metal before it heads off to the blaster for a 360* cleanning. I also removed 36 pop rivits from around the inside rear window and welded up the holes. I still need to grind the rivit holes as well as the weld line on the back of the cab just above the floor. Then a bit of hammer and dolly work and the bed will be ready for a line-X type of coating.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Attached Images

Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote