Thread: my 48 s10 swap
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
Lrall

Re: my 48 s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55dude View Post
KEEP THE PIC'S COMING DUDE! looks great so far. how tall are those mounts from the topside of the frame? which brackets are the ones from AD engineering and how many total do they send you? usually the toughest fart of the swap is trimming the area for the core support, around the steering box and then making extenions for mounting the front bumper. i have looked at a few and after talking to a couple guys came to the conclusion that whatever gets them mounted is correct. list all the "road blocks" so other guys don't read into the swap "bolt on". it's one of the most mis -leading terms selling hot rod products today.
The mounts extend 6" above the frame rail. The mounts are 32.5" apart measured inside to inside(these are the front to back mounts) and 40.5" outside to outside. The left and right mounts are 43 1/8" inside to inside and 50 1/8" outside to outside. With the kit you get (2) radiator support brackets, (4) cab mounts, (2) rear bed mounts, (3) bed supports(they run widthwise), (2) running board supports, Delrin body spacers, and an extremely detailed instruction booklet with pics. I have yet to get to the bumper support and core supports but other than that it really has been 'bolt on'. We tig welded ours on(much much cleaner look). A 'road block' of sorts that isnt mentioned are the s10 body mounts. You reuse them....ours were rusted all to hell and fell to pieces when we unbolted the cab. But, we ordered brand new ones(3" version) for 120 bucks from a CHEVY dealer. You do have to supply the bolts and washers and whatnot. In my experience we had to do some griding for the passenger front mount to fit flush(the stock frame weld BLOWS) but the others sat flush and firm.
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote