View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 04:15 AM   #86
Big J
Its lookin' like a Blazer!

Re: "Slowly but Surely" Big J's build thread...

Made some progress yesterday. I'm close to getting back to the actual sheet metal work. I cut up some plate and welded some nuts to it to weld to the under side of the bed. It will make nice and easy to install/remove the roll bar. It was fun knealing on the floor with one arm/hand jammed up inside the torsion box trying to hold the plate up and the other hand trying to thread a bolt in.... The passenger side floor was a bit rough so I fixed that area up best that I could with what I had laying around. I need some bed floor pieces. The roll bar will cover the little mess I made not to mention the rubber coating. All that matters to me is that its solid. After I got all that done I started the rocker box. That meant the torch. I love using with the cutting torch, fire fire . I got the bad cut out and made a template. After a little grinding I welded it in. I still need to finish up the second piece and weld on some tabs but that shouldn't take too long. Did I say I love the torch, it gets it done but man would I love to have a plasma cutter, lol.
Attached Images

My Build

Last edited by Big J; 01-08-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote