Thread: My combo
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
bigjimzlll

My combo

I had an old hay hauler(67 C10 LWB fleetside) That had a 283 and a granny 4 speed.
I swaped to a mild 355 with a th350. Best ET was 14.2 at 90 mph. I then coninued to upgrade parts to go faster...and as things started to break
Fast forward to today

I stripped the bed down to just the sides and a tail gate skin. I made a tube frame for the back half. Installed a S&W ladder bar kit. I'm using a 9" rear with a nodular center section with 4.86 gears a a spool.
I made an aluminum bed cover that has a removable rear section to get to the fuel cell and twin Optima batteries.
The rear shocks are Koni double adjustable with 170lb springs.

I had a custom 2 piece drive shaft made.

I made a 10 point roll cage and had cerified by the NHRA to go as fast as 8.50 ET.

The front half is an S&W A arm square tube kit with QA1 coil overs with 350lb springs.
The truck weighs 3175lbs.

I run a custom built th400 with a Hipster brake and all the good internals. The converter is a spec-rite 9' spragless that stalls to 6000 rpm. I also use an 8' ATI that goes to 6700rpm. The Ati is a little faster but the spec-rite is more consistant.

I use a air shifter an electric base plate throttle stop. I have a dedenbear lightning plus delay box that controls the air shiffter and T stop.

The engine is a dart block 540ci with AFR 345 heads. RFD ported super vic intake with a BG Holley 1150 dominator. It has 13-1 CR and made around 850HP at 7300 rpm on the dyno. Mike Lewis from Lewis racing engines built and dyno'd the engine.

I'm still tuning the suspension and it has run a best of 9.66 at 140mph at 2200' DA.
I'm licensed to run SST,SG and ET.

I plan on running the SST(super street) tour this year. SST is a 10.90 index.
video Click here to watch MOV00769-86

pics

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote