Thread: Welders!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #115
cartman

Re: Welders!

I have had a lincoln weld pack 100 for about 12 years, it has been a great machine. I have always used it with flux core and never had any problems! Yes it does require a little more clean up ( flux core), but for the price it's still a great buy. Perfect for the guy that just want's to do some patches, rockers etc. I have welded 1/4 in plate to repair some of my snow plows with NO failures, years of abuse on the welds. But 1/4 is definitely the very end of it's capibility and not really sugested. At the time 110 welders were in their infancy, and now I will probably step up to a 3200 lincoln with gas when I get my new shop set up. A good 110v machine with flux core should work fine to get any one started. As practice, experiance, and $ allow, you can always step up to a bigger better machine. Some one will always buy your old one as long as it's in good condition! The guy that taught me could weld 2 razor blades together, I'm not that good but I learned a lot from him. I have experiance with other 220v migs, but the weld pack is what I use on my projects at home. Mostly sheet metal, light tubing ( exhaust)

Last edited by cartman; 01-10-2008 at 06:57 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote