View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 AM   #11
HotRodYJ

Re: Cross Member Drop?

No question I still have alot to work out, but I have faith. I've learned alot already and there are things I could have done, should have done, maybe might have done different, but that's part of the experimentaion and design process. Anyway thanks for the all the words of encouragement and stay tuned for what I end up with. Hopefully it wont be long till all of this front-end "engineering" will be complete and we'll all see either how bad I screwed it up, or what a genius I turned out to be

Scott, yes the motor mounts will be crossmember based, doing away with the top bolts that used to go to the frame. Limiting factor for how low I can get the motor is the steering arrangement. I may even end up reworking where the rack will sit to gain more room. If the steering was out of the way I could easily section down into and replate the crossmember if necessary. The rack isn't even mounted yet it's just laying in the notches waiting for motor placement. I jumped the gun a little by notching before I set the motor so I may have to rework those nothes.

Last edited by HotRodYJ; 01-13-2008 at 01:38 AM.
HotRodYJ is offline   Reply With Quote