Thread: gmc pauls
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #32
GMCPaul

Re: gmc pauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdydrp97s10 View Post
alot of other ppl on here have had good expeirences with GMC pauls, and i hoped that i would to....

in the other thread i was asking why shipping was so high from them, and nobody really gave me a good answer.. there are other ppl that even say they have gotten free shipping from him...

well on the december 27 i ordered two inner door patches, two outter door patches , and one rocker panel.. a combined weight of 40 pounds... 53 dollars to ship it just sounded funny to me... anyways fast forward to today the packeage comes in.. i see that it has been drop shipped from NJ..
i just figured since it came from NJ thats why it cost so much to ship. But just to make sure i took the package to a UPS store to check shipping back to the samw adress.

Guess what shipping to return it was $23.. i overpayed $30 for shipping, thats just shady to me, i dont know why he would overcharge for shipping like that?? and on top of that i ordered on the 27 of december and it didnt even ship until january third...

im just mad that he trys to make more on shipping, if he needs more money to cover the cost of the parts he should just factor that into the cost of his products like everyother company out there does, rather than trying to slip that extra $30 by the customer, it just seems underhanded to me?????

sorry for the rant....
I don't know everything about your order as far as your name & where we shipped but I do know that the inner door panel patches boxed by themselves are over sized and we are charged above normal shipping costs that are normally based on weight because of the large size of the box. Boxed in 1 box with a rocker panel and 2 lower door skins the box would have been over sized 2 in dimensions and we would have been charged even more with them charging us as though the package weighed 70lbs instead of 40lbs. Add to that shipping insurance, box & packing materials and your shipping charges sound appropriate. If you would like us to review it all with you call us up and give us your name and I'll get your invoice pulled and then I'll locate our shipping invoice for your order and review the shipping charges with you.
We could have shipped a portion of your order from our Indiana warehouse and the parts we were out of from the NJ or PA, GA, or CA warehouse but we prefer when possible to do it all in one shipment from 1 location so if 1 of the other warehouses has it all and the Indiana warehouse doesn't we ship from the warehouse that does.
If your order was placed on late Thursday the 27th we would have printed and dealt with the order on Friday the 28th first thing and forwarded the order directly to the warehouse with everything in stock. With it being just before the weekend and the New year this would have caused a delay in shipping and most business's were operating only a 1/2 day on the 31st if at all. So by the time Jan. 2nd rolled around every ones back logged in orders and and they get processed and shipped as fast as possible.
We try to process and ship all orders within 24 hours but with Christmas & the New Year falling so close together its the hardest period to try to stay on top of the orders and not end up with a few taking a few extra days to complete.
Again if you have any questions concerning this please phone and we'll be happy to go over it.
I hope the New year finds you Healthy, Happy & Prosperous!!!! And thanks again for shopping with GMCPauls Truck Parts.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote