View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 01:58 AM   #19
71Dragtruck

Re: 1/4 mile questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw72 View Post
What are the specs on your engine?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a 489 BBC with these specs.

4-bolt mains, studded
Eagle crank
TCI Rattler
Eagle H-beam rods
SRP forged pistons 10.86:1
Comp Cams 308R solid roller
Comp lifters
Comp High Tech push rods
Edelbrock Rec Port RPM heads
Comp Pro Mag rockers
Comp stud girdle
Edelbrock Vic jr. intake
Pro Systems 1000cfm Nitrous Pro IV
Hooker Super Comp 2" headers
ARP top to bottom
Crane dist, and High 6R, with timing retard
NOS Cheater system

We made some dyno pulls and ended up with 636.5hp at 6250rpm, and 617.6flbs. at 4750rpm. It avg. 585.12flb and 586.92hp from 4250-6500rpm. This was done with a 750 carb, heads and intake unported NO Nitrous all motor. With a 850 carb at the time I'm thinking it would have made 650hp easy.

This was made on a stingy dyno, they like it that way so that their motors will always make what they claim, Ron the dyno guy with 25 years in the buisness, is old school and likes to play it safe, could have made more with more timing, leaner, and few more revs, was still making a bit of power on the one pull when he backed out of it.

Would have been nice to try a 850, but a guy borrowed it and never made it back in time for my session, and it wasn't in the budget at the time to buy one that day. I did eventually put a 850 on, dropped 60' and 1/4 mile time on the bottle never tried it on motor, only had limited time to try it so never did get it fully tuned.

I now have a 1000cfm custom carb, not sure what it would make with it, time will tell when I run it at the track. I'll be very very surprised if it doesn't make a huge difference.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs

Last edited by 71Dragtruck; 02-17-2008 at 02:00 AM.
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote