View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #15
57sailplane

Re: How much weight dose it save

as to answer your questions gmc70c20.

1. as you can see the bottom photo i drilled some holes in both the frame and the Grey piece which i made out of 6" square tubing.. i probably have way more bolts then needed but I don't want any bind as to break welds.
2. no, other than i welded two triangular gusset on the inside of the frame to keep the frame from turning inward. heidts suggests boxing it in but i think these gussets will work just fine. i will show you some more pics as soon as i can fin my camera..
3. i got the 500 dollar kit that most places sell off ebay for 400 dollars. the kit includes 2 inch drop spindles with Chevy 11 inch disks and calipers.
i think it was fatrodder that i got them off of on ebay.
4. if you noticed i opted for the coil over lower A-frames and i just bought a set of qa1 race series coil over shocks and springs. you can get the lower a-frames off ebay with this set up or stock or even bagged.. although you rarely see the coil over version. i kept checking for over a year before i scored these, mind you i missed out on some deal before that.
heres what i spent
cross member kit 300 dollars
lower a frame 200 dollars
upper aframes 100 dollars
rack pinion 125 ??
spindles and disc's 400
it took me a long time to get these parts at these prices but i needed them and did not have the money otherwise. anyways i will see if i can get you more pics..

Last edited by 57sailplane; 02-22-2008 at 08:52 AM.
57sailplane is offline   Reply With Quote