View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 AM   #13
bcbasketball11
Official Track Changer!! woot!

Re: speaker placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Isn't this backwards? I listen to very heavy, metal (Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Type O Negative, etc) and have found that smaller subs 8" give much more definition to the kick drum whereas the larger 12" speakers make the kick more muddy. However, having said that- all those bands have keyboard players and many times they're using church organ tones complete with very low bass notes and the 8's just rattle around when these extreme low notes are played and just can't handle them.
That's been my listening experience.

I have friends with systems and i have one friend with an 84 Jimmy and has two 12"s in the back and the rock sounds pretty good, some times the hard, definate bass hits roll a little but i think that is just his rear window. Having more airspace like a jimmy, i think that the bigger subs can sound good, but i also have a friend with a 98 silverado single cab and he has one 10 behind the seat and it sounds amazing with my music (i have thrown small rock like 3 doors down in there all the way to some atreyu/bullet for my valentine/underoath) if my basic knowledge of physics and science, less airspace requires less output for equivalent sound? correct me if i'm wrong please but logistically, that seems correct to me. and a smaller sub has easier compatibility with our trucks (single cab chevys with gas tank behind seat)

BUY A CHEVY!!!!
bcbasketball11 is offline   Reply With Quote