View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #20
bcbasketball11
Official Track Changer!! woot!

Re: speaker placement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 cheyenne pdx View Post
Just listen to 72swb_327stroker_?. He speaks the truth about 8" speakers. They are technically a mid-range speaker. I have also been in the car audio business for a long time. When I got into this business, an 8" speaker is what I was told to refer them as a mid-bass speaker.

For example: About 12years or so ago, The shop I was working at installed a system for a Portland Trailblazer (Go Blazers). He wanted something different from what everyone else had. I can't remember the name brand of these, but bought these $1500.00 "subwoofers". They were 2 6.5" in a specially designed box. He bought 2 of these things. I remember a few us laughing about these things because they had a statement on there that stated they reproduced the sounds of a 12" in a small package. Well after the installation, this Trailblazer came and picked up his car (black on black Mercedes). He got in and and wanted to hear his new system. After about 1 minute or so being in his car, he got out and said "I paid $3000.00 for these Subs?" Us installers could not hold it in much longer and laughed. He was cool and started laughing as well. He was back in 3 weeks later and we did him up right. He rolled out of there with 4 12's and smile on his face. We did 3 more of his cars and a few other Trailblazer's cars as well.

haha funny. . .and yes, i have further talked to him and have learned much already. . .it will be a while but i will definately be posting pics when i finsh

thanks!
-chase

BUY A CHEVY!!!!
bcbasketball11 is offline   Reply With Quote