View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
hewlett2002000

Re: Another parts store funny.

yea i had a similar experience when buying brakes and drums for my 66. went in and said i need a set of rear brakes and 2 new brake drums for a 1966 chevrolet C10. he said what engine and transmission. i said a 350/4-spd . he said that model dident come with a 350, i said maybe not but it has one now, but what does the engine size have to do with the brakes? he said "i need to get the engine size right to give you the right brakes." we argued for about 10 minutes and i said just gimme the brakes for a 66 chevrolet C10 and pick whatever engine you want. he said ok, but you will be bringing them back because they wont fit. lmao guess what? they fit!! lmao my dad went to a napa one day to get a battery for his 88 suburban. he walked up and said he needed a battery and told the lady what he wanted. she asked for all that info and said that the battery he wanted was not the recommended battery and it could be dangerous. he said "well ive been using this battery for 3+ years and it worked fine so just give me the damn battery!!". im not old enough to know about the old time parts stores but the parts store my dad usually shops at is like that. real friendly and could care less what the vehicle and engine size is if you walk in with a part number or just ask for a battery. and guess what? they get there part numbers from a book!! lol sorry for the life story.
John
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote