View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #47
71Farmtruck
Junk Junkie

Re: LS1 swap. What oil pan did you use?

Sounds like you had a bad experience to say the least. Sixty five dollars for shipping is a gouge, i would tell them to stick it. I have never bought a bulky item like that from them, but all my experiences with them have been good. I think the last thing I got from them was a window motor for my camaro, which was $100, brand new GM, not that rebuilt crap, and it was half what the local dealer charged, and shipping was $15. It really depends on the item you are buying when it comes to your percentage off list price with parts direct. I do more business with Scoggin Dickey than I do parts direct, sometimes they are cheaper, sometimes not. I will say they are top notch in service though, they truck freighted a LS6 motor to the shop door in two days. Another good thing is to have a good relationship with a salvage yard in your area. I can get just about anything I need from my bone yard, he's got pallets of LS engines and parts, hell, he's got five 67-72 trucks out there as well that arent even well picked.

71 Chevrolet C-10 Short Bed Stepside
81 GMC 1500 Sierra Classic Long Bed
71Farmtruck is offline   Reply With Quote