View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
mal68ibu
Parts Hunter

Re: Its Gone!!! hit by a DUI

[quote=mvpco;2467821]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy454 View Post
We had our 45ft 2-car enclosed gooseneck trailer parked in front of our shop one day...all balck, triple axles, aluminum wheels, decked out inside, less than a handful of years old...so you can get an idea of what it cost us. Anyway, one of our lots has about 100' of highway frontage...one day, dad & I are bumming around town, when a local says "bummer about your trailer". We said "what do you mean", and he tells us "you know, the trailer that the truck & trailer ran through!". We jump in the truck, run over to the shop, and when we pull up, there is a mid-90s 1-ton Dodge flatbed w/gooseneck horse trailer SITTING IN THE @SS END OF OUR TRAILER! It had ran off the road, crossed a head high drainage ditch, knocked over a 4ft high wall/culvert, then ran through and into the side of our car trailer. Guy says someone pulled out in front him, so he took the ditch, and the trailer took one for the team.

WOW! thats what is going on with me now, It is amazing what INS companys get away with. You think your covered...BUT YOUR NOT!
They tell you anything to get your business and then when you need them, they tell you everything to not payup......

I am learning some interesting things.

They should have a TV show that exposes this maybe called: "SO you THINK your Covered".....

I just got the estimate to fix the fence, $894.00 My ded is $500 so I guess I get a check gor $394 Sweeet, what a deal.........thanks.....

sorry to vent
I haven't finished reading all the post yet but heres my two cents. I'm insured with state farm and have my Chevelle fully covered. I got it apraised at the time for $18K and asked some very pointed questions to my agent such as "what if an uninsured mexican crosses the highway in his bronco with his lights out at night and I T-bone him? Is my car going to be fixed weather or not hes covered or if he runs back to Mexico?" Yes this happened to my friends 69 Elky. My answer was my car would be fixed or I'd get a check, so we bumped up the insurance price to $25K. After about an hour or so I was pretty much convinced that I had "its not my fault" insurance for my car. Granted I drive my Chevelle very infrequently which helps keep the insurance cost down but I've been very happy with my agent. Chevelles are getting harder and harder to get at a reasonable price now, not that old trucks are common as dirt but i'd seriously look into specialty insurance if you have anything into your ride and do not drive it frequently. Its a little tougher if you drive it all the time. I'm basically stuck saving receipts for everything for my GMC because its my work truck. If it was totaled I'd be a$$ out as no insurance company would pony up the money I've got into it without receipts and then they will just depreciate my cash value.
My ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Musclecar...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
My website:http://themusclecarshop.net/
1967 GMC 6.5 TD conversion build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=290922
mal68ibu is offline   Reply With Quote