Thread: pinks arm drop
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: pinks arm drop

These things have become a HUGE spectator event. I was fortunate enough to be picked for the sweet 16 and a shot at the $10k in the second one (Phoenix). The stands had MAYBE 1000 people, most of whom were racers (and their families) that didn't get picked for the event. I almost fell off my feet when I was picked for the final 16 in Tucson. The stands were PACKED and standing room along the fence nearly to the finish line was 10 people deep. There had to be 20,000 to 30,000 people there. Pullin TV said this started as a TV show and they had no idea it was going to turn into such a HUGE spectator event. Dealing with the crowds that show up has become a pretty big deal. (reads: the consessions are becoming as much of a money maker as at a NHRA National event)

The best thing about this whole "All Out" deal is it's bringing real grass roots racing into the limelight, without it being some news report about how a street racer killed X number of people on the public roads.

Oh, and as for how did the Tucson event turn out... all I'll say is,, when this thing air's late this month (or maybe in July),,, bet on the truck

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote