View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #81
tylordurben

Re: 1950 GMC Project...

more progress made this weekend. on the motor side, i got the water pump on the motor and the oil pan as well as changed the sparkplugs. still waiting on the torque converter to mate the motor and now black painted trans back together.

today i epoxy primered the firewall and rust repair area as well as shot it with the green single stage PPG paint. it looks great on pics, but not so great in person. its nice, just not as nice as i hoped. i like the color, once the motor is in with all the nick nacks and some pin-stripes on the firewall it will look a lot better. right now it looks too dark, but i think the motor green will compliment it well (similar to the Hirohata Merc body colors). well, gonna keep chucking. want to install the front suspension and hopefully plumb the air for it as well as begin the brakes.

my ghetto paper tape off job (got the paper from the box the repair panels where shipped in)...

shot of the black epoxy primer...

finally the dark green, turns out the green on the truck is actually lighter, from the sun exposure its darkened up, so i wanted to match the existing dark green, its a bit greener in person, i think...

this might be a better shot to compare the new green with the old green...

thanks,
Yaril
tylordurben is offline   Reply With Quote